• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Your First Shiny

coffeebean

Youngster Joey
Credits
What was the first shiny pokemon that you caught?
What version and where? :)

(In-game story shinies not included, ex Red Gyarados in crystal.)

Mine was Onix in Pokemon Crystal,Victory Road
For Fun Only

1379875027999.png

Pokeghd

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Other than that Red Gyrados, I caught a Onix in Mt. Silver on SS. You can bet I turned him into a Steelix.

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
Mine would have to be an oshawott in pokemon black 2 I just started the game and picked my starter and it was shiny xD soon after when I got back to playing white 1 I found a shiny rufflet

LegacyAndrew

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I feel like this thread will go down the drain once people think about it and go "Riiiight Lake of Rage Gyrados...."
hahaha.
Shiny Totodile in silver for me! Thought there was something wrong with my game since it was my first time playing my gameboy colour and I didn't know shiny pokemon existed back then ;P

XxChapmanXx

Youngster Joey
Credits
My first shiny was a shiny kakuna in Pokemon gold. I was confused becuz it was the color of metapod but it was a kakuna. I caught it and never really realized what it was lol

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
My first shiny was a shiny kakuna in Pokemon gold. I was confused becuz it was the color of metapod but it was a kakuna. I caught it and never really realized what it was lol

I've worried about whether I have caught a shiny back in my <10 years old days, during the first couple of gens. When I was checking some videos of older gen shinies the animation was very familiar. :(
I'm sure if I had seen one, I probably just killed it (knowing my <10 year old self).

XxChapmanXx

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've worried about whether I have caught a shiny back in my <10 years old days, during the first couple of gens. When I was checking some videos of older gen shinies the animation was very familiar. :(
I'm sure if I had seen one, I probably just killed it (knowing my <10 year old self).
Yeah im surprised i even noticed, i think i thought it was a glitch and i just wanted to catch it anyway haha

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
This might be sad, but the first shiny I caught was in X&Y and it was a shiny Swablu:Meh:!
Spr_6x_333_s.png

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Well, idk if this counts, but it was shiny Gyarados on Pokémon Silver (back on the GBC). I got quite a few shinies starting on Ruby though.

TheKawaiiEspeon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
My first shiny was a shiny Mightyena in Pokemon X :)It just came out of nowhere when I was encountering random pokemon.

testing