• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Youtube Channel

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Before you say anything, I know Mynor already suggested a community youtube channel. I feel like the idea was quickly buried and not entirely regarded as plausible or useful

This would be different it would not require any capture boards/cards and not have helpful advice. It would be less centered around breeding tips, item locations, guides, etc and centered solely on battling strategies. They could be very unique and to prevent the need of a Board we could use Showdown allowing easy access to all of the pokemon available without the hassle.

When it comes to design and recording I personally know how to record using hypercam which is not the greatest but, is free and very easy to use. I have dealt with it before, I would also be willing to help with the layout, logo, etc.

Youtube channels offer great exposure for the site and I feel like theres a large audience that this site is missing on youtube

Finally, this would bring together the community. There would be a thread possibly for people to post strategies or even clips of them using some crazy unordinary things. This would also help the destandardization of teams. People could suggest teams, and show their battles using them and either post or PM someone to upload to the community channel.

Many people (including myself) would be willing to put a lot of effort into this project and want to see what an admin thinks

Thanks!

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
This triggered an idea.

ToY and i were planning to push social media in early April. But there is no reason why we cannot begin building the youtube channel before then. So here is my idea. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFqSca_59FIvDcmEw-PrjA?feature=watch

We are going to create a user video submission forum. In this forum members can submit their videos to be uploaded to the community youtube channel. You can include your community username in the video for credit to the creator.

Videos can be anything form narrated showdown/wifi battles. tutorials, tips etc.

Please give me some feedback on this idea and we can have this up as early as later today!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
This triggered an idea.

ToY and i were planning to push social media in early April. But there is no reason why we cannot begin building the youtube channel before then. So here is my idea. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFqSca_59FIvDcmEw-PrjA?feature=watch

We are going to create a user video submission forum. In this forum members can submit their videos to be uploaded to the community youtube channel. You can include your community username in the video for credit to the creator.

Videos can be anything form narrated showdown/wifi battles. tutorials, tips etc.

Please give me some feedback on this idea and we can have this up as early as later today!

I think it is a good idea, I'm always for youtube channels since they give you one solid place to store all of the above (tips battles tutorials etc) and it raises publicity.

I would definitely submit videos to the thread if there was one

Jellicent

Youngster Joey
Credits
If you're looking for casts where multiple people chat about a specific topic (in-game stuff, battle strategies, etc.), Google+ has a cool video service that works quite well for it; it's what Smogon uses for their Smogcasts. Sound quality and good lighting are pretty important for those, and you'd need a group of peeps willing to get involved with it. Google+ video screens can also be easily switched to show Showdown battles or in-game runthroughs that can be narrated over as well. You can even do live broadcasts, which is quite snazzy.

I know it's still early for that kind of jazz, but it's a handy resource to keep in mind while you're getting organized~

Reactions: Dom

testing