• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Youtube Community Channel

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I think it would be cool if some of us came together to make a community channel on youtube, nothing too fancy with a capture card or anything (yet haha) but somewhere we can post battles, trades, promotions and things of that sort. I think it would be great promotion and also a lot of fun. Thoughts?

Wesley

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Definitely a good idea. How else would we capture though?

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
We would capture with regular camera, even with a regular camera I see people get a lot of views and subscribers if they're active and with good content. We can even post all the tutorials there since all of us need to make one haha

Wesley

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Yeah that's true. Although eventually we would probably need to upgrade to capture cards. Not saying soon, but to upgrade our quality of content, you know?

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Yeah of course, that's if it does work though :)

Wesley

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Honestly I don't see why it wouldn't if we get a good group of people that put true effort into it. I'd say let's get a few more people and lets get this thing started!

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Toy and I are thinking along the same lines. We just got through making Facebook, g plus, youtube, twitter and instagram Perfect Pokemon accounts. YouTube link is here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFqSca_59FIvDcmEw-PrjA

Everything is still in right out the gate mode. So much to do!
Would love some video ideas.

Heres a video we created at launch:

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I think we should start off with some community battles to show off our skills, people are into that right now :)

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
need someone with a capture card

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I don't think we necessarily need one right now, I've seen a few people with 1000 subs without a card and they're not as good as we are at battling.

OG34

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Great ideas. Site has a lot of potential. Wish you guys good luck.

Congrats to mynor and wesley, I see you guys are mods now.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I don't think we necessarily need one right now, I've seen a few people with 1000 subs without a card and they're not as good as we are at battling.
I'm a big fan of doing something right the first time.

I am not 100% sure on how a 3ds capture card works, if its something you want to look into and share here we can look into purchasing.

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
You would need a capture board, actually..

I think if some of us were battling on showdown or PO (The latter is much less laggy) we'd be able to show off skills a little more easily. Shouldn't limit ourselves to just 3ds gameplay or sim - both would attract more people imo.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I know that there is a website to buy a capture card but I know it's around 250$ for installation and only one website I know of sales ones. I also head it gets rid of your infrared so I wouldn't suggest it unless you have two 3DS' or a 2DS. The PO and Pokemon Showdown idea is great though.

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
It's the cost that scares me off personally. I have a 2ds, but capture boards/cards just make me want to ...

Anyway for Showdown/PO we'd just need to get a program to record the screen. You could use Bandicam (~40 USD), or use a free version (limits you to 10 minutes per video). Some people might know of cheaper alternatives, but that's the best I've got.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Great ideas. Site has a lot of potential. Wish you guys good luck.

Congrats to mynor and wesley, I see you guys are mods now.

Thanks OG! :)

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
If we were going to post some guides why not some breeding for iv guides and maybe some horde training guides? Ill help with what i know on all of these

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
If we were going to post some guides why not some breeding for iv guides and maybe some horde training guides? Ill help with what i know on all of these
Exactly, so it would be a great idea but as doulie said, a capture card will be needed :p

sonicwave02

Youngster Joey
Credits
i know its late and all but this is just genius i have been here for less than a week, my friend shadow1210 to come here he is the reasion i know about it, but if people could find out by YouTube, omg, we would have so many people and this place is vary simple, but if we do this i would be more than happy to help, i always wanted something like this since x and y first releiced, and i have to say i am amazed and so would hundreds of people

testing