• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

503 Errors - We Switched Servers

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Gym Badges

503errors.png

We get it.

The frustration of feeling like the website if running slower than it normally does. Or getting the forever welcomed 503 error.

We felt that although transferring to a dedicated server is a little above our price point at the moment, it was an investment worth making.

So that is what we did! We've moved the website to its own private server. That should mean a smoother running community for everyone reading this. However if you are still running into snags. 503 errors or anything similar. Please screenshot and post below with the time/date.

Thanks.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Gym Badges

O @Cheza I hate to do this, because I love @KitaVonKanada to death, but I remember sitting at my desk lastnight at 2am trying to figure out why the website was getting a database error while doing the transfer, glancing over at @KitaVonKanada and witnessing a very 'I am asleep and having a very nice dream' look on her face.

In her defense though she did do a lot of research, trying to figure things out, earlier in the day.

KitaVonKanada

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Hahaha. I vaguely remember a conversation about it - and I was dreaming about ancient Egypt -- which sorta looks like Lucario's era...so uhhh... @doulie

I definitely was sending positive Lucario-esque vibes for your success!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
O @Cheza I hate to do this, because I love @KitaVonKanada to death, but I remember sitting at my desk lastnight at 2am trying to figure out why the website was getting a database error while doing the transfer, glancing over at @KitaVonKanada and witnessing a very 'I am asleep and having a very nice dream' look on her face.

In her defense though she did do a lot of research, trying to figure things out, earlier in the day.
Hahaha. I vaguely remember a conversation about it - and I was dreaming about ancient Egypt -- which sorta looks like Lucario's era...so uhhh... @doulie

I definitely was sending positive Lucario-esque vibes for your success!
Lol you two are the cutest <3

Kita's presence helped, right? ;)

You knew that once you figured out the errors you'd be able to join her in dream land!

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
Thank you so much you guys, I've only been on the site for a couple of months, but it's hard to see how I would go with my day without hoping on. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that we really appreciate what you guys do for us.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I'm late to the party but after experiencing no errors since this transition, I think this is a huge success. :) Thanks doulie! Thanks kita!