• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Are Alola Region Forms Drastically Changing The Metagame? Secret Evolutions Revealed! - PP Times

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
corocoro9161.jpg
corocoro9162th.jpg
corocoro9163.jpg
corocoro9164.jpg

As always, new Alola Region Pokémon have been revealed! The little and big sandcastles are called Sunabaa and Shirodesuna respectively, and are both Ghost/Ground type Pokémon. The pre-evolution of everyone's favourite Bewear is called Nuikoguma! Who is just as, if not cuter, than its evolution. Nuikoguma maintains its Normal/Fighting type. The fish Yowashi is a water type Pokémon, who has the ability to change its appearance into a large scarier looking fish!

Some more first generation Pokémon have been given Alola Region forms as well! Meowths Alola Region form is said to be bred by the royal Alolan family, and is now a Dark type Pokémon. From this information we can assume that Meowth's evolution, Persian, will also be Dark type. And, touching back to the original games, Marowak is now a Fire/Ghost type!

Team Skull will be the villainous antagonists of Alola! Guzma is the boss, and the woman is Plumeri. No information on their plans have been disclosed.

Lastly, the secret evolution of Rockruff is to be revealed in CoroCoros next issue. However, from ongoing rumors, and Rockruff's Pokedex description, we can assume nothing less than a hairy creature from "full moon" lore.

With All These Type Changes How Will The Metagame Be Affected?

Post Your Thoughts Down Below!

MrSilver

Youngster Joey
Credits
If the base stats increase - we will probably see some of these new mons in UU.
Will Bone Club still work for this Marowak I wonder?

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
If the base stats increase - we will probably see some of these new mons in UU.
Will Bone Club still work for this Marowak I wonder?
Ah good point, will these Alola forms have different movesets? :O

There are a lot more ghost types being released too. And with ghosts already being a huge threat in 6th gen, I wonder how that will affect things?

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
I wonder if these new pokemon, are listed in that apparently legit list of all pokemon for the the region's pokedex.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I wonder if these new pokemon, are listed in that apparently legit list of all pokemon for the the region's pokedex.
I would assume they'd be in their original place in the Pokemon, added into the "forms" part of their Pokedex entry. It would be cool if you could catch the forms around Alola, and have a mixed Pokedex of sorts like the Sinnoh Pokedex?

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
I would assume they'd be in their original place in the Pokemon, added into the "forms" part of their Pokedex entry. It would be cool if you could catch the forms around Alola, and have a mixed Pokedex of sorts like the Sinnoh Pokedex?
no not the forms lol, I mean't like the full new pokemon they showed in the leaks. Just checked and the list that everyone thought had all the Alohla Pokemon didn't include the new shown pokes like the ghost/ground. List is confirmed fake now haha.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
no not the forms lol, I mean't like the full new pokemon they showed in the leaks. Just checked and the list that everyone thought had all the Alohla Pokemon didn't include the new shown pokes like the ghost/ground. List is confirmed fake now haha.
OOooh haha clever Brock!

testing