• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active [CAP] Bruiser Wall [QC Approved 1/2]

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Name: Bruiser Wall
Description of concept: There aren't many walls in any tier that do a significant amount of damage besides Heatran. While switching into you're wall breaker you should be a bit fearful of what you switch into.
Reason for concept: As a stall player there aren't a lot of options in terms of what you're going to be using for damage that still suits the theme of your play style, especially in the perfect pokemon meta when you're limited in item distribution in item clause. This pokemon would obviously have some play around but should give the opposing battler into thinking before putting in there wall breaker.

In response to martin's comments, When i say bruiser wall LIKE Heatran, i mean both defenses being relatively high without the needs of a specific item like some of the mons that you mentioned, Most of which are fairly ever used in OU (in my experience) Heatran is one of those mons that are bit of a switch, it has high attacking stats, and high defensive stats and a decent base speed. Now I'm not saying that this Pokemon in discussion should be Fast or have the option to be Special attacking or Physical Attacking. It should stick to one if you run it offensively.(although i wouldnt reccomend a full offensive set up)

As well, as this Pokemon would purely bring a legitimate threat to PerfectPokemon's OU, For stall Teams. As of now i think players within the community who battle stall are seen as lazy or not as good as they might actually be. I understand the frustration for being on the opposing side of stall but, i don't think you expect your battles to be easy. One of the hardest things imo, for stall players in PP's OU is team building due to item clause, Am i complaining about item clause? Of course not, it makes it more challenging and more fun imo.

I'm open for criticism and opinions of what you think this idea can improve on, Not only that but just remember Stall is beatable. Stall can be a horrible team theme if you don't know what you're doing. No Team Theme is broken.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
ATM - with or without item clause - Stall isn't a particularly effective playstyle, with the metas being more offensively inclined. Also, there are a number of tanks in the metagames that have good overall defenses and good bulk overall. The most notable ones that aren't megas are Tankchomp, Tyranitar, defensive Landorus-T and SpD Excadrill - none of which rely on an item to do the job - but there are also others such as Rotom-W, TR Slowbro/Slowking, SD Gliscor, defensive Starmie and SubToxic Aegislash among the non-megas (and Bulky Will-O Zard-X, M-Sableye, SpD Zard-Y, defensive M-Latias, M-Venu and M-Slowbro if you include megas). That list is far from sparse, and it covers the majority of bulky offensive, balanced and defensive teams very well (as you aren't going to be running walls aside from Healing Wish Blissey - not Chansey - on offense and hyper offense), and it is why I'm very sceptical about this one.

Last edited:

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
ATM - with or without item clause - Stall isn't a particularly effective playstyle, with the metas being more offensively inclined. Also, there are a number of tanks in the metagames that have good overall defenses and good bulk overall. The most notable ones that aren't megas are Tankchomp, Tyranitar, defensive Landorus-T and SpD Excadrill - none of which rely on an item to do the job - but there are also others such as Rotom-W, TR Slowbro/Slowking, SD Gliscor, defensive Starmie and SubToxic Aegislash among the non-megas (and Bulky Will-O Zard-X, M-Sableye, SpD Zard-Y, defensive M-Latias, M-Venu and M-Slowbro if you include megas). That list is far from sparse, and it covers the majority of bulky offensive, balanced and defensive teams very well (as you aren't going to be running walls aside from Healing Wish Blissey - not Chansey - on offense and hyper offense), and it is why I'm very sceptical about this one.
Well i mean, I've won both my championships with using stall throughout the whole tournament for both. So not very effective i'd have to argue that. Now yes it can be ineffective if you don't know what you're doing. (which i very well do.) Most of the things you are saying are Odd niches and not really the best set you can run on those for mentioned pokemon. Some of them don't even work in singles like TR Slowbro/King. Most of which you can run in stall that's effective as Bulky Offensive In Perfect Pokemon's Meta are Mega Pokemon. And Honestly i wouldn't really say you'd want to run a Rotom-W as your bulky offensive on a stall team. Especially with resurgence of powerful grass types like Serperior, and M-Sceptile. But as i said most of what you listed are uncommon niches. But by all means stall is not ineffective.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Well i mean, I've won both my championships with using stall throughout the whole tournament for both. So not very effective i'd have to argue that. Now yes it can be ineffective if you don't know what you're doing. (which i very well do.) Most of the things you are saying are Odd niches and not really the best set you can run on those for mentioned pokemon. Some of them don't even work in singles like TR Slowbro/King. Most of which you can run in stall that's effective as Bulky Offensive In Perfect Pokemon's Meta are Mega Pokemon. And Honestly i wouldn't really say you'd want to run a Rotom-W as your bulky offensive on a stall team. Especially with resurgence of powerful grass types like Serperior, and M-Sceptile. But as i said most of what you listed are uncommon niches. But by all means stall is not ineffective.
With King, that was a bit of a typo and brain fart. However, Slowbro is one of the best offensive setters of Trick Room in the game, tied with Reuniclus (who doesn't act so much to support its team with TR as opposed to abusing it itself). Admittedly, stall isn't the right place for it (sorry I was just trying to saying the first bulky offensive 'mons that came to my head), and granted, it isn't the greatest strategy in singles, but to say it is completely inviable is a bit rash. Also, I didn't say stall was innefective: I just said that it isn't particularly effective (i.e. what you said in your second sentence, but with different wording).

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I'm always up for more bulky offense support. :D However, with what I'm reading it seems less like you want a stall Pokemon and more that you want to create a new style of play that resembles a marriage between bulky offense and stall. Am I correct in saying this?

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I'm always up for more bulky offense support. :D However, with what I'm reading it seems less like you want a stall Pokemon and more that you want to create a new style of play that resembles a marriage between bulky offense and stall. Am I correct in saying this?
Sort of, it's not meant to suit the classic style of stall, more so it's supposed to fit the way you have to play stall at perfect pokemon. Usually everything would carry a recovery item or something. Obviously this can't be the case here. If anything i'd call it Neo-Stall

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Sort of, it's not meant to suit the classic style of stall, more so it's supposed to fit the way you have to play stall at perfect pokemon. Usually everything would carry a recovery item or something. Obviously this can't be the case here. If anything i'd call it Neo-Stall
Ohh you mean like a more bulky variant of Latias? I'm not saying it would be exactly the same, just wanted to get an idea of what you meant :p

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Ohh you mean like a more bulky variant of Latias? I'm not saying it would be exactly the same, just wanted to get an idea of what you meant :p
Not as strong offensively though, not nearly as fast. and shouldnt have the utility of things like defog.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Not as strong offensively though, not nearly as fast. and shouldnt have the utility of things like defog.
Gotcha

QC Approved 1/2

EDIT: I'm putting this on the voting list anyway due to lack of responses.

Last edited:

testing