• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Competitive Sparring.

Bruh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
First off, if this should be in another thread such as the "Request A Battle" thread, let me know. But the main reason why I avoided placing this thread under the "Request A Battle" thread is because of how casual it seemed. This thread is based on competitive practicing period. If you have a team you have been doing well with, for example, maybe you want to fight someone who is doing just as well, multiple times perhaps. Or maybe you just want to test your new-found team against a very skilled player? Another option of many. I am in fact a skilled player and did (about 5 months ago) peak to 1812 ELO on showdown so I somewhat know some stuff. Due to a long hiatus, I did step back from the competitive meta and therefore some things are new to me. So, without further ado, tryna fite m8?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
First off, if this should be in another thread such as the "Request A Battle" thread, let me know. But the main reason why I avoided placing this thread under the "Request A Battle" thread is because of how casual it seemed. This thread is based on competitive practicing period. If you have a team you have been doing well with, for example, maybe you want to fight someone who is doing just as well, multiple times perhaps. Or maybe you just want to test your new-found team against a very skilled player? Another option of many. I am in fact a skilled player and did (about 5 months ago) peak to 1812 ELO on showdown so I somewhat know some stuff. Due to a long hiatus, I did step back from the competitive meta and therefore some things are new to me. So, without further ado, tryna fite m8?
(This isn't me requesting a battle btw - I just like looking at the skill level of certain players that come onto the site kek)

1812 ELO or COIL? Cause god damn if that's ELO. (If so, look into joining the tiering council if you're at least rather knowledgeable on a few tiers - you'd be a great addition)

Bruh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
ELO lol. It is kinda high personally, but on smogon, some would just look and say that's it lol. I knew a guy that peaked 1974. I didn't get it. But anyways a tiering council? That sounds pretty appealing, and would love to join, but I am not as good as I used to be. I am slowly and steadily getting better, but my ELO is like 1300 right now lol. I would love to join but there are moments where I make novice plays really. So, I am down for that especially if it contains other highly-skilled battlers, just don't know if I call myself "highly-skilled" at the moment. I wouldn't mind joining, it sounds like a great opportunity.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
ELO lol. It is kinda high personally, but on smogon, some would just look and say that's it lol. I knew a guy that peaked 1974. I didn't get it. But anyways a tiering council? That sounds pretty appealing, and would love to join, but I am not as good as I used to be. I am slowly and steadily getting better, but my ELO is like 1300 right now lol. I would love to join but there are moments where I make novice plays really. So, I am down for that especially if it contains other highly-skilled battlers, just don't know if I call myself "highly-skilled" at the moment. I wouldn't mind joining, it sounds like a great opportunity.
Oh np aha. The tiering council's job is basically to categorise Pokemon into tiers, similar to how Smogon does, but we have our own set of tiers. If you can get your play back up to scratch and start to play a few tiers, then you should definitely apply aha

Bruh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Sounds really swell. The tiering I personally know best is OU, which nowadays everyone knows really. I know UU pretty well too, I really don't remember too much about the meta with RU, PU and etc. Thanks though and I will take a peek at the thread regarding the tiering council :).

Bruh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
So there is a tournament and I would be thrilled if there are any competitive battlers out there willing to practice. I am not super interested in the gyms really :( they seem like a lot of fun, but I am more towards the competitiveness of the game. (Sorry to those casual players) But, just comment down here, no reqs or anything just practice if needed. I would recommend you be a highly skilled player because I would rather play someone better than me than below really, but overall all are welcome. I hope to make this a thing for great players to find great players and practice for the benefit of their own skill.

testing