• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Competitive Team (Looking for some advise)

David Eguia

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey guys,

I was playing some wifi 6v6 games against some users over here, however, they've let me use legend pokemon just for fun, however i'd like to go more serious and remove those Uber pokemons from my team

My current team is Charizard Y (Atk/Spd) , Mewtwo (SpecAtk/Spd), Lugia (Def/DefSp/ PS), Kyogre (PS/ SpAtk) , Braviary and Boufalant

What do you suggest for the uber?

I was told already Lapras instead of Kyogre

Best,

Rias Gremory

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Since you are you using a Mega Charizard Y you want to build around his ability Drought and create a team that does well in the sun.

Some good mons to use and why:
Donphan-A bulky ground with the ability to set up entry hazards and remove them. Also has the ability sturdy which allows him to get 1 move off at least. A typical moveset is Adamant(Atk+,SpA-), Knock Off/Ice Shard, Rapid Spin, Earthquake, and Stealth rock.

Venusaur-has the ability Chlorophyll which doubles its speed in the sun. Make it timid and it can outspeed most mons and some counters to Charizard Y. If you run Petal Dance on it most other weather starters will faint in 1 hit. Even without the sun Venusaur outspeeds most other weather starters as well.

Excadrill: a great mon to have as a choice scarfer because of the ability mold breaker. Also is good for checking some counters to charizard. Jolly max speed and max attack with Iron Head, X-Scissor, Earthquake, and Rock Slide works well on a team.

Latias and Latios: resist most of charizard counters and provide defog support. The even counter themselves.

Rotom-Heat: good check to talonflames when donphan and excadrill are down. Also provides momentum with Volt switch. Give it rest and a chesto berry and it can eat up any status inflicted upon it.
Those are all of the mons i can think of right now but i will let you know.

David Eguia

Youngster Joey
Credits
Since you are you using a Mega Charizard Y you want to build around his ability Drought and create a team that does well in the sun.

Some good mons to use and why:
Donphan-A bulky ground with the ability to set up entry hazards and remove them. Also has the ability sturdy which allows him to get 1 move off at least. A typical moveset is Adamant(Atk+,SpA-), Knock Off/Ice Shard, Rapid Spin, Earthquake, and Stealth rock.

Venusaur-has the ability Chlorophyll which doubles its speed in the sun. Make it timid and it can outspeed most mons and some counters to Charizard Y. If you run Petal Dance on it most other weather starters will faint in 1 hit. Even without the sun Venusaur outspeeds most other weather starters as well.

Excadrill: a great mon to have as a choice scarfer because of the ability mold breaker. Also is good for checking some counters to charizard. Jolly max speed and max attack with Iron Head, X-Scissor, Earthquake, and Rock Slide works well on a team.

Latias and Latios: resist most of charizard counters and provide defog support. The even counter themselves.

Rotom-Heat: good check to talonflames when donphan and excadrill are down. Also provides momentum with Volt switch. Give it rest and a chesto berry and it can eat up any status inflicted upon it.
Those are all of the mons i can think of right now but i will let you know.

I already have a Venasaur and Excadrill, can try to get rotom and donphan, my latias/latios are not so good tho..

David Eguia

Youngster Joey
Credits
Just missing a Latios/Latias with 6ivs and good nature for my team, don't you have by any chance one of them?

David Eguia

Youngster Joey
Credits
What would you recommend in that case? Any other poke instead of Latios?

testing