• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Open First VGC Pokemon Tourny. Team Advice?

LilVivi1215

Youngster Joey
Credits
In 7 days there is a VGC Tourney in Raleigh, NC. I have never been to a tourney before and would really like some advice/things to look out for with the team that I have going with me. The team is as follows

Alakazam @ Alakazite/Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Accelgor @ Focus Sash/Choice Specs.
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Bug Buzz
- Encore

Meganium @ Leftovers/Miracle Seed (HELP WITH THIS!!!)
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Energy Ball
- Petal Blizzard
- Ingrain
- Double Team

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Muddy Water

Any advice you guys could give would be great! I really look forward to this tourney and help from a great competitive community would be awesome!

TheCreatures

Top Dog
Credits
I would probably urge you to stay within the meta, because this team is far out of it. But hey, I guess some people have successful teams that have their favorite Pokemon, so I can also urge you to adding those.

Anyways, I am not the best teambuilder, but I am good at battling VGC. Talk to me if you need any help.

LilVivi1215

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would probably urge you to stay within the meta, because this team is far out of it. But hey, I guess some people have successful teams that have their favorite Pokemon, so I can also urge you to adding those.

Anyways, I am not the best teambuilder, but I am good at battling VGC. Talk to me if you need any help.
I appreciate it! These are actually pokemon that my friends chose because I wanted to take my friends with me to my first tourney. Do these builds look good in the aspect of builds? If not then I can definitely try and change them around but I would like to keep the pokemon the same due to the promise of taking my friends with me haha

testing