• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Gym Titles

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
This is a little simple thing, but possibly a good feature to add to improve competitiveness of gyms and leadership would be to add a custom title to a users name if they are currently leader of a gym (potentially even keep it after just put an EX in front)

So like the Team and Donor titles, a title like "Ghost Gym Leader" underneath the username and the colour commonly associated with that typing?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
There are 19 gyms and they're way too easy to come by in my opinion, leadership switches very frequently and keeping track with titles would be a hassle

We want to limit banners and I think you're requesting banners although you're saying titles which is a bit confusing

Banners are like tournament champion and team nova, donor etc, titles are under the name and are bought or earned, with our few pre requisites and many leaders I honestly don't feel like it's special enough to warrant a title or a badge to be honest, if it were harder to earn a position and more long term positions were held perhaps but with the way things currently are I don't see this as a realistic possibility

Just my thoughts

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
There are 19 gyms and they're way too easy to come by in my opinion, leadership switches very frequently and keeping track with titles would be a hassle

We want to limit banners and I think you're requesting banners although you're saying titles which is a bit confusing

Banners are like tournament champion and team nova, donor etc, titles are under the name and are bought or earned, with our few pre requisites and many leaders I honestly don't feel like it's special enough to warrant a title or a badge to be honest, if it were harder to earn a position and more long term positions were held perhaps but with the way things currently are I don't see this as a realistic possibility

Just my thoughts

Maybe perhaps then a Gym leader could earn a banner (my bad yes thats what I was referring too, not titles) after a certain number of wins as leader?

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits

Just my thoughts
^This

Personally I don't think we need gym banners at all, especially with 18 gym leaders, and with gym leaders switching around it would be a hassle.

There isn't really that much of a need/reason for a banner like this, and it isn't very special.
Banners should be worked are bought or earned and mainly show something you have done or represent something. A banner for Gym Leader would only have the use of clarifying who is a gym leader.

This is all opinion based. :)

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
^This

Personally I don't think we need gym banners at all, especially with 18 gym leaders, and with gym leaders switching around it would be a hassle.

There isn't really that much of a need/reason for a banner like this, and it isn't very special.
Banners should be worked are bought or earned and mainly show something you have done or represent something. A banner for Gym Leader would only have the use of clarifying who is a gym leader.

This is all opinion based. :)

If a gym leader achieves 50 or 100 wins or something like that, I would regard that as a pretty special achievement. Having a banner to show that off would be pretty neat.

Of course, my OP was just a suggestion, an idea I was contemplating. Cheers for offering your insights @Strawberries @Dom