• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Gyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
There are a lot of currently inactive gyms that are either actively looking for leaders or simply haven't taken challenges in a long time, and a lot of users eager to take a gym that simply don't know that any are up for grabs.

I think it could be beneficial to run some kind of thread to advertise open gyms and inactive gyms. I believe that this could greatly improve the gym challenge and could potentially lead to more active members with gyms.

Another potential fix to this problem could be to hold mini monotype tourneys for certain open gyms. This would advertise the open gyms while also putting the most qualified leader in charge.

Anyway, these are just a couple of ideas, but a full repertoire of active gyms would greatly improve the PP gym experience and would definitely help hook more new members onto what I've found to be a fun experience.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
There are a lot of currently inactive gyms that are either actively looking for leaders or simply haven't taken challenges in a long time, and a lot of users eager to take a gym that simply don't know that any are up for grabs.

I think it could be beneficial to run some kind of thread to advertise open gyms and inactive gyms. I believe that this could greatly improve the gym challenge and could potentially lead to more active members with gyms.

Another potential fix to this problem could be to hold mini monotype tourneys for certain open gyms. This would advertise the open gyms while also putting the most qualified leader in charge.

Anyway, these are just a couple of ideas, but a full repertoire of active gyms would greatly improve the PP gym experience and would definitely help hook more new members onto what I've found to be a fun experience.

Problem being is that it's a volunteer job and there aren't a lot of people who are willing to do so.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Problem being is that it's a volunteer job and there aren't a lot of people who are willing to do so.
While this is true, many of the newer members have seemed more than willing to try and take these positions since the fun of gym battles hasn't worn away just yet. Every time I mention the electric gym being up for grabs, someone seems excited to try and best Phenix for it. I can run a preliminary thread of sorts to see if anyone is interested in the idea and give you a better idea of what I was going for. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

matt

Pokémon Champion
Credits
ex: i wouldn't mind being a gym leader would just have to make/get a monotype team lol.
soo i think the issue is letting people know the slots are available not the amount of possible volunteers

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I see many people (usually newer members) interested in the gyms and the idea of becoming a gym leader whether it be volunteering or not. It's for fun and not for money.

I can't see an "Open and Inactive gyms" thread hurting anything and think it would be a good way to keep track of running gyms and easier to link people interested in becoming a gym leader to the list of Open positions.

Rather then going to check and make a new list each time someone is interested in a position.

As for mini monotype tournaments I could see them becoming a thing later on for gyms that we can't find a leader for. We'll just have to see how the thread works out first. :)

I'll create it now, thank you for your suggestion! :D

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Being a Gym Leader is rather difficult tbh alot of people tend to not realize they are not the only ones with lives outside of the site, while i was the bug gym leader, i had people get rude with me very often about not being able to get to there challenges although this is a nice idea, i dont see it happening as being a gym leader is still a volunteer job as @pplzdude pointed out and because the gym leaders already have to deal with rudeness i dont see it happening. IMO there should be about 2-3 Gym Leaders per gym approved by the initial gym leader so that more challenges can be accepted maybe then it can happen but still i dont think so.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Being a Gym Leader is rather difficult tbh alot of people tend to not realize they are not the only ones with lives outside of the site, while i was the bug gym leader, i had people get rude with me very often about not being able to get to there challenges although this is a nice idea, i dont see it happening as being a gym leader is still a volunteer job as @pplzdude pointed out and because the gym leaders already have to deal with rudeness i dont see it happening. IMO there should be about 2-3 Gym Leaders per gym approved by the initial gym leader so that more challenges can be accepted maybe then it can happen but still i dont think so.
That's actually not a bad idea. Like disciples of sorts if the gym leader is busy or something.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
That's actually not a bad idea. Like disciples of sorts if the gym leader is busy or something.
Cause the biggest problems for gyms imo atm is that the leaders just dont have enough time to take on all challengers

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Cause the biggest problems for gyms imo atm is that the leaders just dont have enough time to take on all challengers
I think gym leaders already have the ability to allow more then one gym leader on there gym, something similar to what gold and aero did.

This would probably be a good idea for those who do not have much time to take many challenges all the time. Each leader would both have their own or a similar team and whoever has the time to take a new challenge would.

Leaders could post on the open/inactive/cliamable gyms thread when they are looking for a second gym leader and sort of advertise the position? "An open position" would be put beside the current gym leaders name? :)

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I think gym leaders already have the ability to allow more then one gym leader on there gym, something similar to what gold and aero did.

This would probably be a good idea for those who do not have much time to take many challenges all the time. Each leader would both have their own or a similar team and whoever has the time to take a new challenge would.

Leaders could post on the open/inactive/cliamable gyms thread when they are looking for a second gym leader and sort of advertise the position? "An open position" would be put beside the current gym leaders name? :)
I dont think they were both taking challenges though, i think dylan was only holding the gym for aero and they werent both accepting challenges but i know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing