• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Hello all! New guy alert!

Infinitepudding

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hi everyone. I have been a pokemon player since the very first day red and blue released in the states. I've played every generation and I think Pokemon is currently in a renisance. I am currently between computers and so all I have for surfing the net is my tablet, I found the perfect pokemon community app while looking for something better than poke amino. I like the way this site is set up much better. I welcome any friendly advice you all are willing to give to a newbie.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Hello there pudding. Welcome to the site! I also started way back in gen 1 (although I was begging for Pokemon almost a year after release instead of the day it came out.

Anyway, if you have any questions about the site in particular or how Pokemon has changed over the years, feel free to ask. I spend...way too much time playing this game, so feel free to hmu.

Infinitepudding

Youngster Joey
Credits
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I mean I've been playing pokemon steadily ever since it released in the states.

I do have a question though, I've been browsing the shops and it's pretty clear that most of them deal in hacked pokemon. Is there even a market for legitimately bred pokemon? I'm not at all interested in giving someone online currency for something I could buy a device for and do myself. I'm also not interested in hacks off any type and I'd prefer only to deal in legitimacy mate pokemon. Is that not going to be possible here?

G

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I mean I've been playing pokemon steadily ever since it released in the states.

I do have a question though, I've been browsing the shops and it's pretty clear that most of them deal in hacked pokemon. Is there even a market for legitimately bred pokemon? I'm not at all interested in giving someone online currency for something I could buy a device for and do myself. I'm also not interested in hacks off any type and I'd prefer only to deal in legitimacy mate pokemon. Is that not going to be possible here?

G
You limit your options for sure, but there are breeders. I personally just use genners (Im all about the battling aspects of Pokemon and honestly cant wait for breeding most of the time), however, red queen does a great job breeding if you can get a hold of her. Overall though, breeding takes too long to really motivate sellers.

I have actually been trying to figure out a good way to differentiate breeders and genners so that certain breeders stand out for buyers who prefer that. As it stands now, it's tough to keep the best breeders at the top of the charts with how popular genning has been.

As a side note, sorry for assuming you didnt continue playing Pokemon. It just happens that way so often that I guess I just assumed. :p

Infinitepudding

Youngster Joey
Credits
No problem, it was an honest mistake. If you are having trouble keeping the best breeders at the top might I suggest separating Henning and non Henning shops into 2 different boards? That would make it easier for both parties to find what they are looking for, at least I should think.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
There has been talk of it. When this site was originally formed, the 5 iv section was supposed to be breeding I believe. Oh and be careful of double posts, because there is an incentive for posting, there is a rule against double posting.

Infinitepudding

Youngster Joey
Credits
Oh, sorry. Is there a way to edit posts? I am sort of thinking that I may change my mind about accepting genned pokemon. I am not sure. I mean in November it doesn't look like it will matter anymore with this new hyper training. The lines between legit and genned will be so blurred. Honestly I'm really looking forward to it. The folks who want to gen will be able to keep on doing so, and the folks who play legit like me will be able to do so as well, and trading between the two will probably no longer be an issue. My biggest problem was 6IV dittos, they are very unlikely to happen in the wild, the best I ever got was a 4 IV one. But with hyper training, everyone should get their hands on a foreign 6iv ditto. I guess it's silly not to accept a pokemon that was genned, knowing what's coming. I can still breed my own and never gen and buy genned mons from others. Win win. I really want to buy a shiny competitive 6iv Farfetch'd so I'll save up for that while I breed my own shiny Hawlucha :)

Last edited: