• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Help With Building My Team

Lord_Avereck

Youngster Joey
Credits
This team is mainly for Battle Spot singles, 3 vs 3, but I'm hoping to make it viable for 6 vs 6 as well. I JUST learned about the different roles so... anyways... recommendations, advice, and constructive criticism highly appreciated! :) Here's my future/current team:

WALLBREAKER:

(Have) Dragonite @ Leftovers/Choice band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
-Dragon Dance (Replacing with Outrage, maybe Fire Punch)
-Earthqauke (Replacing with Superpower)
-Fire Punch (Changing to Thunder punch)
-Extreme Speed

PHYSICAL TANK/WALL:

Aggron @ ???
Impish Nature
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 16 Def/ 240 Sp. Def (Or) 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
-Stealth Rock
-Heavy Slam
-Ice Punch
-Aqua tail

SPECIAL TANK/WALL:

Tyranitaur @ Assault vest
Careful Nature
Ability: Sand veil
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 Atk / 252 Spd
-Crunch
-Pursuit (Replacing with Fire Blast)
-Earthqauke
-Stone Edge

PHYSICAL SWEEPER:

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Close Combat
-Quick Attack/Feint/???

SPECIAL SWEEPER:

(Have) Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def
-Dazzling Gleam/Psychic (Because of Gengars immunity to fighting he's a good counter for my x4 fighting weakness tanks.)
-Thunderbolt (Replacing with Sludge Wave So greninja can replace Gunk Shot with Scald)
-Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Psychic
-Destiny Bond

SUPPORT/FILLER:

(Have) Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
-Dark Pulse
-Scald (If Gengar runs Sludge Wave)/Gunk Shot (If Gengar runs Thunderbolt)
-Ice Beam
-U-Turn/Low Kick

Or (Actual Support)

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers (Don't really like Mandibuzz... :/ or any of the good support Pokemon honestly, which is why I thought about just running Greninja as a 2nd Special Sweeper, he's OP)
Bold Nature
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Sp Def
-Brave Bird
-Foul Play/Roost
-Whirlwhind
-Defog

Again, recommendations, advice, and constructive criticism highly appreciated! :)

Last edited:

Arby

Youngster Joey
Credits
Your team is OU right? I believe Greninja is in Ubers, I could be wrong

Lord_Avereck

Youngster Joey
Credits
Its one of the tiers. OU stands for Over Used. Then there are other tiers like UU, RU, NU and so on.

I had no idea about any of that :/ I guess I would be OU yeah, how does that affect my team? What is the significance?

Arby

Youngster Joey
Credits
It just determines what kind of pokemon you would regularly see in your battles, and therefore a sense of how to build your team to accommodate pokemon you would normally see. But overall you have all OU pokemon, except greninja. I don't really play OU but it seems you have a plan with your walls and so forth so that's good.

Lord_Avereck

Youngster Joey
Credits
It just determines what kind of pokemon you would regularly see in your battles, and therefore a sense of how to build your team to accommodate pokemon you would normally see. But overall you have all OU pokemon, except greninja. I don't really play OU but it seems you have a plan with your walls and so forth so that's good.

Right now My main worry is balancing my type coverage. And my Greninja is beast, I can see why he's banned in competitive. I've taken out whole teams with just Greninja alone, its pretty funny but I always feel bad. Protean is like the best HA ever.

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
The team right now is weak to Ice, Steel, Water, Electric, and Rock

Also, your two walls are both 4x weak to fighting

Lord_Avereck

Youngster Joey
Credits
The team right now is weak to Ice, Steel, Water, Electric, and Rock

Also, your two walls are both 4x weak to fighting

Very helpful, hmmm, okay, how about if I switch out Aggron for:

(Have) Quagsire @ Leftovers/Kings Rock
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
-Scald
-Earthqauke (What should I replace this with? I already have e-quake coverage I think, so many Pokes can run it.)
-Recover
-Toxic

Arby

Youngster Joey
Credits
Right now My main worry is balancing my type coverage. And my Greninja is beast, I can see why he's banned in competitive. I've taken out whole teams with just Greninja alone, its pretty funny but I always feel bad. Protean is like the best HA ever.

Like Mega Umbreon said your walls are weak to fighting so Mandibuzz could be valuable if you train it right

Arby

Youngster Joey
Credits
You can build it specifically for bulk against fighting types. Most fighting types are physical so you would want to do evs in defense and hp, assuming IVs are perfect for what you need, and a flying type move(bravebird). Knock off is always nice as well as roost. Then toxic or defog to also take care of stealth rocks, sticky web, spikes and everything

Baron Aaron

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I'm mainly using Psychic,Ghost,and dark types. Ferrothorn and Aggron are exceptions. Most of my POKEMIN are dual types. I think I might want a Sableye.
Will-o-wisp,Snarl,Recover,Calm mind,Magic Bounce

testing