• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Help with first competitive team

Shwifty741

Youngster Joey
Credits
So lIke title says I'm creating my first competitive team and doing all the breeding myself. I'm currently only at 3 pokemon I'd like to have on my team and looking for ideas for the last 3. Currently have:

Ferrothorn - Rocky helmet
Relaxed
31/31/31/x/31/0
Gyro ball
Leech seed
Spikes
Stealth rock

Geninja - Life Orb
Timid. Protean
31/x/31/31/31/31
Hydro Pump
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

Kangaskhan -Kangaskhanite
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
Not sure about move see beside power-up punch

Any advice on other pokemon to fill this team or reasons why I shouldn't run one or the other would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all for input

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
well I'm 90% sure mega manga is an uber poke and the others are OU. so u may wanna fix that.

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
ah ok then. well find any major weakness your team has. For example. 2/3 of those pokes are weak to fighting. So find something to counter fighting.

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
something to counter electric types since talon flame, slowbro, and greninja are all weak to it.

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
sounds like an even team. just make sure you have some of every type of team member. meaning, try to have physical and special sweepers. and tanks.

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
sounds good. and making talonflame physical with roost never hurt. your allowed one healing poke anyway, and with the amount that talon flame does to itself, certainly can't help

Ejac

Youngster Joey
Credits
Malamar with contrary ability would be a great choice. Teach it superpower to raise its stats then load it up with strong physical attacks. I have one with superpower, night slash, psycho cut and payback, all physical attacks that get STAB (except superpower but its pretty powerful on its own)and are crazy powerful. Just make sure you keep its special defense high because to really be effective it needs to last a couple turns, assault vest will help.

AngryIrishman

Youngster Joey
Credits
Ejac is right. I have battled him a few times and if he has a chance to set up with Malamar it hits like a truck. As he stated, using the Assault Vest really helps this pokemon's overall ability to remain in the game for a good period of time. I agree that it would be a good choice for you team.

testing