• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active I need help creating my competitive team for regionals coming up

Serenity Cassel

Youngster Joey
Credits
So im in need of help creating a team, ive got 3 pokemon that i want in it: Mega Ampharos, Nidoqueen and Nidoking, but I havent a clue what im doing and what movesets and items to give them. Pls help!

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
To make a good team I would say u focus up on 1 poke (preferably a mega) and then built the team around it covering it's weaknesses
One of your goals is to cover as many types as possible while avoiding duplicates since a psychic poke like alakazam could sweep easily nidoking and nidoqueen due to their common typing.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Right, your first issue is Nidoqueen and Nidoking. You really don't want a weakness to both pGroudon and pKyogre, especially on two counts as they don't add much to a VGC team.

I'd honestly recommend adding a pKyogre, looking over Smogon and then going through YouTube videos to get an idea of the VGC meta.

Chooser-of-ways

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hey Serenity Cassel,
I'm Chooser-of-ways, I specialize in VGC format and was wondering if you'd like some one on one help. I'd be happy to work with you and get you an amazing team working.

testing