• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Open Ideas for a VGC team

luxren

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
so far i have

Talonflame
gale wings
252atck/252spe/4hp
brave bird
flare blitz
roost
u turn

rotom w
levitate
need ideas for evs, spD? Def? spA?
discharge
volt switch
hydropump
will-o-wisp

Mega Garchomp
rough skin
252atk/252spe/4spD
dragon claw
earthquake
protect
rock slide

Mega Kangaskahn
scrappy
252atk/252spe/4hp
return
earthquake
power up punch
protect

need 2 more options that cover the teams weaknesses, so far i might include a klefki or sylveon not to sure
rotom and talonflame work really well together
and garchomp can EQ and rotom can discharge ignoring each other on the field

Pokeghd

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I have had wild success with Greninja and focus sash Gengar, loose "Mega" Garchomp for outrage Garchomp
Garchomp (Lum Berry)
Rough Skin
Iron Head (Fairy coverage)
Earthquake
Fire Fang ( Ice coverage)
Outrage

Mega Mawille (Mawileite)
252 ATK / 252 HP / 4 Def
Intimidate
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Play Rough

Greninja (Expert Belt) 252 Spe / 252 Spk / 4 HP
Protean
Ice Beam
Extrasensory/ Grass Knot
Surf
Dark Pulse

Rotom-W varies, mine is leftovers and works well
252 HP / 252 SPK / 4 Spdef
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump
Protect
Willowisp

Gengar (focus sash)
252 SPE / 252 SPK/ 4HP
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

Talon Flame
Brave Bird
that one fire move haha
roost
willowisp

I use these because of the free switch ins. Greninja gets a free switch in to phycic attacks if predicted correctly, Gengar is immune to ground, fighting and normal. Mega mawile is free dragon and poison switch in. Garchomp swiths in for electric attacks. Rotom also switch into ground for free. Gengar is my favorite because of destiny bond, ususally gets me two or three kills for one. dies to tyranitar because of sand storm though...

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

luxren

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
wow thanks ill give it a go! and thanks for the advice about garchomp, i have tried outrage garchomp before and i just didnt like getting locked into it if they switch into a fairy type

Pokeghd

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
wow thanks ill give it a go! and thanks for the advice about garchomp, i have tried outrage garchomp before and i just didnt like getting locked into it if they switch into a fairy type
Yeah but in VGC if they have fairy types, you probably don't want to be picking garchomp as one of your three anyways. Garchomp works well against pokes that try and set up of praksters as well. Lum berry fixes most things and being ground type cant be hit with thunderwave. Hes a pretty sweet poke.

luxren

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
ahh i see now! thanks dude, i think im gonna keep rock slide instead of fire fang, that way i keep ice coverage but i can hit both opponents, especially with talonflame and mega charizard being massive threats in doubles

Pokeghd

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
ahh i see now! thanks dude, i think im gonna keep rock slide instead of fire fang, that way i keep ice coverage but i can hit both opponents, especially with talonflame and mega charizard being massive threats in doubles
Oh this is for doubles? Im not very good at doubles, I was talking singles sorry. You want odd jobs Hazama for anything doubles. The man reigns king.

luxren

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
Oh this is for doubles? Im not very good at doubles, I was talking singles sorry. You want odd jobs Hazama for anything doubles. The man reigns king.
yeah, im fairly decent at singles, what i get wrong in doubles is the whole synergy thing! thanks for the help anyway

testing