• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Irish Infernapes

cj-97

LUCIOBAAALLLLLLL!
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
King of the Ring
Iron Will
Credits
Welcome, I am YOUR coach for the Irish Infernapes, and this is the thread for the fiery team looking to take home the title!
ajal2Hs.png

Within the thread, you'll find the pokemon that the team has drafted for the team, updates on trades, preparations for upcoming battles, etc.

OU:
Deoxys-Speed - Kills: 5
deoxys-speed.gif

Mega Gallade - Kills: 5
gallade-mega.gif

Klefki - Kills: 3
klefki.gif

UU:
Suicune - Kills: 0
suicune.gif

Salamence: Kills: 0
salamence.gif

Roserade - Kills: 2
roserade.gif

RU:
Typhlosion - Kills: 0
typhlosion.gif

Cobalion - Kills: 3
cobalion.gif

Braviary - Kills: 1
braviary.gif

NU:
Torterra - Kills: 0
torterra.gif

Raichu - Kills: 2
raichu.gif

Dusknoir - Kills: 1
dusknoir.gif

Preparation: Well the week 1 matchup is here, and we're up against the Staten Island Staraptors, coached by Dom. And when we look at his drafted pokemon, there is a lot of threats in there, like Lando-I, Mega Altaria, Bisharp, Trevanent, Tornadus-I, etc. Normally, those pokemon are scary enough, but behind the helm of Dom, I'm gonna need a lot of work from the team to pull a win in the opening week.

Post-Match Analysis: We may have lost the opening week, but regardless, I'm still proud of the fight we put up with a 0-2 loss. I'll admit I choked at the end and it cost me the game, but the amount of pressure we were able to maintain right until the end is amazing and I'm proud of the team. Now, onwards and upwards for the 2nd week, where hopfully we can take the win.

Preparation: So we have the week 2 opponent, Strawberries, coach of the Queens Village Golurk, and the pressure is still here, not only to win, but just knowing the format for the battle, trying to predict a team while making your own. While I may not have faced Straw in a wifi battle before, I'll need to watch out for many threats on his drafted team, like Mew, Garchomp, Mega Swampert, etc., but, I feel confident in the team that's being brought this week and hope that we bring home the win!

Post Match Analysis:
The first win of the league! We both played well, each had our mistakes, but for a 3-0 victory, I'm very pleased at the team, and especially at Deoxys for pulling through 4 kills, netting the Mew, Eelektross, Mega Swampert and Chesnaught.

Preparation: This week we got bulk to worry about in our matchup against the Southwest Steelix, coached by Kankuro. 2 of the team will be debuting this week, both Salamence and Raichu, both with a job in their head, but we just have to hope that the bulk is not too much for us to handle.

Post Match Analysis: Not gonna lie, I'm just a little salty for this week. The game was ours, then Gallade decided to not hit a zen headbutt and it was all over from there. We had amazing plays, Raichu did his job, so did everyone else (except Salamence, who is being considered for trading), so don't blame me when I say that I'm just disappointed.

Preparation: This week is crucial to us, so that we can break even, and we did not get an eas team to pull that off against, this week, we go up against the British Brelooms, coached by Matt. There's a lot on the line in this battle, with us both having the same record, let's just hope the Irish win against the British for once.

Post Match Analysis:
I have no words.No words to describe the choke and salt.

Due to Sewage not being on this week, the battle will be counted as a tie until Sewage returns.

Preparation: Miles' team is scary. Too scary to be honest. It has the master ninja frog of them all, Greninja, who has the benefit of protean so that no exact counter can be brought. I'm gonna need to bring some unusual tactics to spring a win and break the streak we seem to be in.
Post Match Analysis: Oh yeah! The streak was broke! I give my finest of GG's to Miles, it was a fine battle, with some plays being very critical. And though it didn't have a straight speed, Deoxys-S did fine work with a new set I had planned, utilising it getting Cosmic Power in Gen 6 with ORAS, coupled with a weakness policy, springing one of the best surprises I've seen. And shoutout to Raichu, writing us all a love song with a spark added.

Preparation: Senor's team on a whole has a lot of things that can cover each other, like the Scizor/Heatran covers, so the team is gonna have to make some thoughtful plays to make it out on top this week.

Post Match Analysis: We choked again. On a misclick with Gallade, hitting Close Combat, instead of Zen headbutt, which would have stopped a belly drum Slurpuff. It was a GG and I give my props to Senor, but I honestly feel that we should have won that matchup. #TheSaltIsReal

Be sure to show YOUR love for the team with the hashtag; #IrishInfernapes !

Current Ratio:
2-4-1​

Last edited:

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I give my full support to the Irish Infernapes.

#IrishInfernapes