• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Lati@sites and the Smogon bans

Lati@sites and the Smogon bans

Published 
I'm sure all of you know both of these things, but there are still those who haven't.
For starters, the Latiasite and Latiosite shinies and stats have been revealed. Now they have been leaked for a while, but here is the important part. A ton of rumours about the stats and abilities were spread. Mega Latios was 180 SpAtt, 140 Spe and had Adaptability. Mega Latias was Multiscale Dragon/Fairy with 180 SpDef 140 Spe. These stats/typings/abilities are false. Mega Latios and Latias still both have Levitate, and have no speed increase. It is confirmed that the mega stones will be much weaker then Soul Dew (Soul dew increased BST to 720, Mega Stones increase to 700), also the Soul Dew increases their most useful stats more then the stones. Their shiny is also a weird green, which I am not a fan of.

Smogon has banned ( a little while ago) Mega Lucario and Genesect from OU. What are your
opinions on this?

Smogon is also testing on whether or not to include Sleep Clause in Doubles. What are your opinions on this as well?

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Personally I hate the Lati@sites since they are worse then Soul Dew and the regular mons. They also look worse. I was really dissapointed when I found out they messed them up this badly.

As for Smogon banning Genesect and M-Lucario, I am glad. Genesect was too good of a scarf pokemon with Download, and a good special/physical movepool. Mega Lucario's special set was way too strong, and if it got a nasty plot up not really anything can do anything.

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Oh yes, and for the Sleep Clause testing, I really don't care either way since when I am playing doubles, I prefer VGC.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I'm totally fine with the genesect ban, but lucario's ban was not needed. I don't care for any of the mega bans they have made, except for mewtwo obviously. I like the mega latios, as I can now run a dragon dance set!!!!! It got +40 in atk, which I am quite happy with! Sleep clause in doubles, I think that clause is unneeded for doubles, but hey, I'm also not the greatest at doubles, so what do I know???

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
The Lati@sites are a good replacement for soul dew since I don't think you can get it (yet) in xy and don't they get banned?
Disappointed about the false ability, typing and speed increase though :(

tesla

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
they should be banned,until everyone has them available I think.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

testing