• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Mod Apprenticeship Program

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I had an idea‏:

Basically it's like an internship or a shadowing program. You show interest like for a job except the job is being a mod. The concept is you're getting your foot in the door by putting your name down. This would be for a list of people who are the Site's goto volunteer members outside of the mods and admins for projects/programs, you name it.

We also train these people with small sessions to basically teach them our basic responses to super common questions so they're prepared to answer the questions themselves if they see them being asked in the shoutbox. The volunteers to teach people would mods most likely and they would teach people how to treat people with questions, how to correctly answer them, show them important links and such.

It would be something members interested in becoming mods would try to do to stand out to put on their "resume" so to say. Overall it would benefit the site's members by creating a friendly and self supporting community by training more members to unofficially help when they want to without having to be selected as a mod because, I know tons of members want to help but don't know how.

There would be some sort of requirement of 30+ days on the site, No bad warnings, give or take some requirements. (This would help filter out new members who don't plan on staying)

Please voice your ideas guys! I'd like to see what you think, let me know if it's something you'd do or if it's the worst idea you've ever heard. (I like constructive feedback!)

(To clarify you would not get privileges just knowledge and a bit of training, you'd still be a member.)

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
On another site I used to help run, we had this same idea.

The people were called Ambassadors and were basically the next in line to become mods. They took care of the stuff that we didn't have time to fool with.

It's a good idea, I support it.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
On another site I used to help run, we had this same idea.

The people were called Ambassadors and were basically the next in line to become mods. They took care of the stuff that we didn't have time to fool with.

It's a good idea, I support it.

Yeah the thing is I wanted to steer clear of that next to become mod thing just so people understood it wouldn't be guaranteeing anything that's all

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I like this idea because the mods won't have to be spread thin with simple requests and questions while handling heavier tasks.

If anything, I'd say a proactive group of mods shouldn't have too much trouble because regular members chosen to help will be based on the mod's judgement. It's on the mods if a helper mucks up, either deliberately, or accidentally.

To protect the mods from potential 'bad eggs' I'd recommend the helpers be required to indicate which of the mods chose the helper to be a helper. Like have the helper/require them to type,

'Endorsed by' Dom

for example. It makes them helper easier to seek out if something goes wrong, and it reflects positively on the mod when the helper does a good job.

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I like this idea because the mods won't have to be spread thin with simple requests and questions while handling heavier tasks.

If anything, I'd say a proactive group of mods shouldn't have too much trouble because regular members chosen to help will be based on the mod's judgement. It's on the mods if a helper mucks up, either deliberately, or accidentally.

To protect the mods from potential 'bad eggs' I'd recommend the helpers be required to indicate which of the mods chose the helper to be a helper. Like have the helper/require them to type,

'Endorsed by' Dom

for example. It makes them helper easier to seek out if something goes wrong, and it reflects positively on the mod when the helper does a good job.

That's an interesting idea, I don't see too much wiggle room to mess up since it's basic answering questions and such they wouldn't be given privileges above the average member so there isn't much risk anyways

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
After some more time to think about this I'll support it.

This could really bring the community together and having more people working on projects could get a lot done on the site helping everyone along with helping themselves (the helpers).

Also having this program would help those who have been members on the site longer have a better chance of getting mod.

I'll help out with this. :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
After some more time to think about this I'll support it.

This could really bring the community together and having more people working on projects could get a lot done on the site helping everyone along with helping themselves (the helpers).

Also having this program would help those who have been members on the site longer have a better chance of getting mod.

I'll help out with this. :)

We have some great members who want to help and we aren't taking advantage of the opportunities IMO.

The admins have big ideas and I think everyone who wants to can lend a hand instead of just selected positions, I don't see a downside (although there very well could be, if there is someone please let me know)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
We have some great members who want to help and we aren't taking advantage of the opportunities IMO.

The admins have big ideas and I think everyone who wants to can lend a hand instead of just selected positions, I don't see a downside (although there very well could be, if there is someone please let me know)
The only downside I can think of is a member taking advantage of the program to be sneaky and get away with things which wouldn't happen because our members are lovely and would be caught fast. ;)

I doubt this would ever happen here.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
The only downside I can think of is a member taking advantage of the program to be sneaky and get away with things which wouldn't happen because our members are lovely and would be caught fast. ;)

I doubt this would ever happen here.

They'd be on level ground so punishment would apply across the board as it should with mods as well, I think we should be good

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
They'd be on level ground so punishment would apply across the board as it should with mods as well, I think we should be good
Yup start it whenever I guess. :)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I like this idea, as it gives mods and admins a lot more freedom to not have to deal with lots of common questions in the shoutbox or that they get PMed. If you do continue with this idea, I'd love to put my name down :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I like this idea, as it gives mods and admins a lot more freedom to not have to deal with lots of common questions in the shoutbox or that they get PMed. If you do continue with this idea, I'd love to put my name down :)

I'd like to support as well. I like the idea overall and would be disappointed to see it shelved, or put on hold indefinitely.

Thanks for the support guys, I'll try to polish the idea

testing