• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Need help choosing mons

DannySteeden

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to competitive battling but am planning to make a team based around:

Heliolisk
Entei
Mega Beedrill (I love it!)

I think they compliment eachother quite well but I need help picking other pokemon for my team. I really like Kingdra so if that would fit I'd love to see some interesting sets!

Anyone got any ideas? I appreciate all help! :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to competitive battling but am planning to make a team based around:

Heliolisk
Entei

I think they compliment eachother quite well but I need help picking other pokemon for my team. I really like Kingdra so if that would fit I'd love to see some interesting sets!

Some walls would be great, Ground resists definitely, Skarmory is a nice flying type wall for starters

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey guys,

Heliolisk
Entei

is the heliosk a must for you? also kingdra isnt bad with focus energy and a scope lens if you like him so much. Have you tried a crit build with it? I can pm or post a kingdra build ive used in my water gym.

DannySteeden

Pokémon Champion
Credits
is the heliosk a must for you? also kingdra isnt bad with focus energy and a scope lens if you like him so much. Have you tried a crit build with it? I can pm or post a kingdra build ive used in my water gym.

Yeah the Heliolisk is the vital one lol but yeah I'd love to see your Kingdra set, could you post it? :D

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
focus energy, draco meteor (or dragon pulse), scald, ice beam. Its important to have scope lens with this build and focus energy for almost always crit. 252 sp attack 252 speed with timid.

Heliosk sucks. I reccomend not getting attached to pokemon who cant be any good if you want to win. Thats most peoples issue here. Theyre favorite pokemon is NU but theyre unwilling to drop it so they make no progress.

DannySteeden

Pokémon Champion
Credits
focus energy, draco meteor (or dragon pulse), scald, ice beam. Its important to have scope lens with this build and focus energy for almost always crit. 252 sp attack 252 speed with timid.

Heliosk sucks. I reccomend not getting attached to pokemon who cant be any good if you want to win. Thats most peoples issue here. Theyre favorite pokemon is NU but theyre unwilling to drop it so they make no progress.

Thanks for the kingdra set, I'll definitely give it a try! I get what you meant about Heliolisk, is there anything you'd recommend replacing it with?

Torgr676

Youngster Joey
Credits
Thunderous is a great replacement, Prankster helps with speed control while it's natural bulk keeps it on the feild for some time.

testing