• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Need some tips of creating a balanced team for my charizard x

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
so vague making it difficult...

I'd assume you have a decent set on that char-x so i would suggest a rotom-w or milotic for coverage followed by a lando and than some steel type ( this depends more on ur play style which steel type u'd use)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
so vague making it difficult...

I'd assume you have a decent set on that char-x so i would suggest a rotom-w or milotic for coverage followed by a lando and than some steel type ( this depends more on ur play style which steel type u'd use)
Make it less difficult by not recommending trash mons (Milotic). Literally use any other water type.

Building on what @Ary said, try and work around a FWG (Fire/Water/Grass core). Rotom-W would be a good choice, but I'd actually recommend Starmie to act as a spinner as well, and could give you a more bulky offence team if you opt for, say, Serperior.

Rocks setters or Spike stackers are great on HO, so I'd personally recommend either Landorus-T or Skarmory, but I'd tend to go toward Skarmory as spike stacking on HO is just simply better than SR in a lot of cases, as it guarantees a lot more KOs on grounded targets (plus I don't believe there are many Levitate/Flying sashers).

You'll need glue mons as well, but you really just need to work around your faults. You're a little weak to dark spam teams, so I'd suggest a resist in that regard as you lose quite heavily to Weavile before Charizard sets up - banded Scizor, SubCM Keldeo, and more are some great mons to use in this place, and whilst banded Scizor does get Knocked Off, it hits with the priority Bullet Punch first.

Build around some of the suggestions I've made, and then do some test matches to help think of what else to put on your team :)

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Make it less difficult by not recommending trash mons (Milotic). Literally use any other water type.

Building on what @Ary said, try and work around a FWG (Fire/Water/Grass core). Rotom-W would be a good choice, but I'd actually recommend Starmie to act as a spinner as well, and could give you a more bulky offence team if you opt for, say, Serperior.

Rocks setters or Spike stackers are great on HO, so I'd personally recommend either Landorus-T or Skarmory, but I'd tend to go toward Skarmory as spike stacking on HO is just simply better than SR in a lot of cases, as it guarantees a lot more KOs on grounded targets (plus I don't believe there are many Levitate/Flying sashers).

You'll need glue mons as well, but you really just need to work around your faults. You're a little weak to dark spam teams, so I'd suggest a resist in that regard as you lose quite heavily to Weavile before Charizard sets up - banded Scizor, SubCM Keldeo, and more are some great mons to use in this place, and whilst banded Scizor does get Knocked Off, it hits with the priority Bullet Punch first.

Build around some of the suggestions I've made, and then do some test matches to help think of what else to put on your team :)
it is not trash :d its come in clutch many a times but wtevs we can argue about this another time

working off what we said in a sense it sounds like char-x, rotom-w/starmie, lando/skarmory, banded Scizor, SubCM Keldeo

I see no issue with swaping rotom for starmie however you'll be playing more offensively than bulky with that mon.
If you wanna use skarmory i wouldn't use scizor and vise versa as that'd only widen a weakness. Same with running starmie and keldeo b/c they run similar weaknesses i wouldn't run both at the same time. Personally i'd suggest either starmie if u insist on more offensive play matched with lando-T and either scizor or bisharp

Whiteboy

Youngster Joey
Credits
Thanks for the tips! Right now i'm currently using a mixed attacker greninja as for my lead then a lum berry garchomp for my stealth rock setter, then a ferrothorn as a special deffensive type and rotom-w for a physically defensive type and latias as my offensive deffoger and lastly char-x as my sweeper

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
it is not trash :d its come in clutch many a times but wtevs we can argue about this another time

working off what we said in a sense it sounds like char-x, rotom-w/starmie, lando/skarmory, banded Scizor, SubCM Keldeo

I see no issue with swaping rotom for starmie however you'll be playing more offensively than bulky with that mon.
If you wanna use skarmory i wouldn't use scizor and vise versa as that'd only widen a weakness. Same with running starmie and keldeo b/c they run similar weaknesses i wouldn't run both at the same time. Personally i'd suggest either starmie if u insist on more offensive play matched with lando-T and either scizor or bisharp
I did put the point about offence vs defence in :p just IMO I see a bulkier offensive team with spike staking just benefiting zard better in this situation. Rotom would definitely work to get some burns off though.

Double steel is a really good defensive core strat, despite the double fire weakness. It's used on many occasions (although isn't really worth it on, say, a team with 4 steels - that's just too counter-intuitive). Also, the fact that he does have two resists makes it fine for the most part, and if he does get into that scenario where he loses his two fire resists when his opponent has, say, a Volcarona, then that's just him getting outplayed lol.

Agreed with the Starmie + Keldeo point though. My point was he could use SubCM Keldeo OR Banded Scizor though, and I don't see Skarmory + Scizor being too much of an issue.

Lando-T does work but eh, it doesn't really add much for him. It could give him a scarfer, but I don't feel the team wants to be too choice oriented. If it's a rocker, that kinda removes the point of Lead Skarm. Etc etc it doesn't add much

Thanks for the tips! Right now i'm currently using a mixed attacker greninja as for my lead then a lum berry garchomp for my stealth rock setter, then a ferrothorn as a special deffensive type and rotom-w for a physically defensive type and latias as my offensive deffoger and lastly char-x as my sweeper
Read our points - I don't think we touched on any of this.
  • Never use Greninja as a lead - that's like using Arceus-Normal to set up rocks and be defensive
  • Lum Berry Chomp is kinda eh - Rough Skin Rocky Helmet would work but you're better off with Lead Skarmory with Spike staking as it just helps out your Mega Zard more
  • Ferrothorn is a bit eh, as you've made you're team just too defensive at this point. You should be looking to go offensive spike staking
  • Again, Rotom-W works but you need to look into Starmie to give yourself a spinner (you have Latias which would be ok, but if you want a FWG core then you'd need something like Serperior, making your water type probably going to be Starmie because of this. Do note that you can run defensive Reflect Type if you don't like it being too frail.

So basically it comes down to these options

1. Charizard X (definite)
2. Starmie / Rotom-W (see above points)
3. Serperior / Latias (Serperior gives you FWG but you need Starmie, Latias means you can't run FWG and makes Starmie kinda eh)
4. Skarmory / Ferrothorn (Skarmory gives you spike staking which is better suited for Zard X, Ferrothorn gives you rocks which don't help you too much)
5. Scizor (I'm quite adamant on this one - priority really really helps you out in this case)
6. Free choice. You have a bunch of fire weaknesses, especially if you take Serperior. This isn't too much of an issue, but it could be better. I'd probably recommend a ground type, but seeing that Lando-T doesn't add too much for you, it doesn't feel like the optimal decision. Scarf Terrakion feels like it would actually put in a lot of work)

This one I can argue any time ;)