• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New Pokemon Game?

New Pokemon Game?

By Jiggly
Published 
Back on August 20th, 2013, there was a convention where pokemon fans could play the demo version of x and y. In a big promo screen at the convention there was this:
futuregame.png

About a week after the leak, Nintendo got two titles a copyright: "Pokken Fighters" and "Pokken Tourney".
What do you guys think it will be on? What ideas do you have? Or just leave a comment! What is this game?

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
@Hazama, you may of already heard of this, if not, please clean up your braingasm...

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Hmm looks like a game for the Nintendo Wii U. I'm really hoping Gamefreak releases a new pokemon title very soon.

I'm also kinda disappointed they'll discontinue Wifi on the older systems/servers.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Hmm looks like a game for the Nintendo Wii U. I'm really hoping Gamefreak releases a new pokemon title very soon.

I'm also kinda disappointed they'll discontinue Wifi on the older systems/servers.
It seems to be a 2D fighter! It is HD, so it is pretty much guaranteed to be a wii u title... Any pokemon you think should be playable?

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
It seems to be a 2D fighter! It is HD, so it is pretty much guaranteed to be a wii u title... Any pokemon you think should be playable?
OU and Uber legends like Genesect, Kyu-B, etc. xD

Rommulox

Pokémon Master
Team Elite
Trusted Seller
Credits
At first I thought it was some kind of furry pokemon convention when I clicked on that pic. Didn't realize it was a 3D game till I looked at it for a few seconds. Oh my.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits

Initially I was disappointed in the discontinue of wifi as well, but my boyfriend pointed out that the Wii/DS wifi servers have been up for around 7 years now. When you look at it on a timeline like that, it's hard to say it's not justified. :)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Initially I was disappointed in the discontinue of wifi as well, but my boyfriend pointed out that the Wii/DS wifi servers have been up for around 7 years now. When you look at it on a timeline like that, it's hard to say it's not justified. :)
And Nintendo is really low on money... This is their best way to catch up. The wii u was a flop... In other news, I'm excited for the supersmash-esque pokemon game!!!

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
And Nintendo is really low on money... This is their best way to catch up. The wii u was a flop... In other news, I'm excited for the supersmash-esque pokemon game!!!

The wii u was a flop partially because a ton of people don't even know it's a new console. My boyfriend and I both worked about Best Buy last year and people would think that it was just a handheld game console, or that it was just an extension for the Wii.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
The wii u was a flop partially because a ton of people don't even know it's a new console. My boyfriend and I both worked about Best Buy last year and people would think that it was just a handheld game console, or that it was just an extension for the Wii.
I feel that its reason for being so bad, is the name honestly... Nintendo came up for new original names for all of its consoles, now the wii u I feel was an attempt to get the major audience they had before. Nintendo couldn't help piggy-backing on successful items, and that's where they fail.

(Plus they didn't have super cool commercials like the wii did)

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I feel that its reason for being so bad, is the name honestly... Nintendo came up for new original names for all of its consoles, now the wii u I feel was an attempt to get the major audience they had before. Nintendo couldn't help piggy-backing on successful items, and that's where they fail.

(Plus they didn't have super cool commercials like the wii did)

I think the naming was clever, but they definitely didn't market it enough to illustrate that it was a completely new console. :/ Sad on their part, because I thought the wii u was pretty cool.

testing