• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active New User Pokemon Buyout Program Idea

What solution would you choose?

• 30PC per Pokemon

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 1 token per Pokemon

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Things are fine as is

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
So, in my time here at Perfect Pokemon, I've noticed some trends that often discourage a lot of users on the site. One thing that seems to pop up frequently is that new users are unable to make any PC to then buy the Pokemon they need from the genners and breeders of our site. This got me to thinking about potential fixes for this issue. I have only one fix that really stood out to me and that would be an official (or unofficial if it would need to be run privately so as not to screw over sellers).

So the idea is that if a user is struggling to sell a Pokemon, they can sell to the site (or a user group if unofficial). We could then offer these Pokemon in a shop like setting and give users looking to buy cheap Pokemon a lot of options all in one place instead of forcing them to sift through a bunch of trading and selling threads to find what they need. Now, in order to make sure that the site doesn't lose a lot of money in doing this, we'd have to sell for more than we buy since odds are that we won't sell a lot of the Pokemon offered up to us and we'd have to restrict selling to the site to 5 IV + or events more than likely. We would also have to have someone in charge of this operation which could be tough. However, I think that this could really have a big impact on the long term popularity of the site.

To start off the program, we could maybe offer 30 PC apiece and sell for 60 until we can determine a more accurate rate of exchange. This would allow any user with 2 or more Pokemon to get at least one Pokemon in return and leaves us with a nice margin.

Another potential way to run the program is to give anyone who donates a token to use to get any other donated Pokemon. To make this work, we would probably have to put a bunch of Pokemon in the initial stock, but this is a less risky and likely less criticized method to get players hooked. It does, however, greatly limit what the users can do once they have turned in Pokemon and doesn't help sellers out directly.

So what do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea?

Bandit Hadron

Youngster Joey
Credits
I think it's a good idea, to be honest - I haven't used the site too much (mainly due to me getting distracted now that Monster Hunter Generations is out), but the pricey nature of high-value pokemon can severely restrict someone unable or unwilling to spend IRL money on PC. It's good for users of the site, new ones especially.

One side note is that you'd have to establish a stock limit on Pokemon - more slots for the more common Pokemon, less so for the less common ones. You know, you would stock more Ralts than, say, Remoraids (if you'd stock them at all). Once a stock has filled, you wouldn't be able to accept more than that until you sold some.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I think it's a good idea, to be honest - I haven't used the site too much (mainly due to me getting distracted now that Monster Hunter Generations is out), but the pricey nature of high-value pokemon can severely restrict someone unable or unwilling to spend IRL money on PC. It's good for users of the site, new ones especially.

One side note is that you'd have to establish a stock limit on Pokemon - more slots for the more common Pokemon, less so for the less common ones. You know, you would stock more Ralts than, say, Remoraids (if you'd stock them at all). Once a stock has filled, you wouldn't be able to accept more than that until you sold some.
Good point, I think that could be arranged if the shop really takes off.

Bandit Hadron

Youngster Joey
Credits
If you went with the token idea over the idea of using pure PC, you'd have to establish a certified exchange rate between the two - how many tokens are worth x amount of PC? Or even Pokemon themselves?

Or perhaps both, as a way to cover all the bases.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
If you went with the token idea over the idea of using pure PC, you'd have to establish a certified exchange rate between the two - how many tokens are worth x amount of PC?
Well, tokens in the idea are worth 0 PC. But if we wanted to give mons tiers upon exchange, we could make a perfect OU mon worth of tokens = 60 PC