• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active NFE Analysis Writing

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
With in-depth guides on the Internet, and primarily Smogon about how to use specific Pokemon in different tiers, we still haven't provided a lot of help for our own custom metagame, NFE.

Whilst we have our personal viability rankings (which are currently going through an overhaul, check back on them at the end of the week for the big update!), the council and I have decided to create analysis for the NFE metagame.

I understand that this is an extremely daunting task, so for now we are going to be concentrating primarily on the top tier threats, linked in this spoiler tag below (taken from a Google Doc, not the current rankings)

S+ Rank
  • Golbat
  • Sneasel
S Rank

• Electabuzz
  • Krokorok
  • Machoke
  • Misdreavus
  • Tangela
  • Togetic
A+ Rank

• Ferroseed
  • Gothorita
  • Lairon
  • Munchlax
  • Murkrow
  • Piloswine
  • Quilava
  • Vigoroth
A Rank

• Bunnelby
  • Clefairy
  • Fraxure
  • Herdier
  • Hippopotas
  • Larvesta
  • Monferno
  • Quilladin
  • Roselia
  • Seadra
A- Rank

• Abra
  • Boldore
  • Drilbur
  • Duosion
  • Graveler
  • Ivysaur
  • Magmar
  • Metang
  • Omanyte
  • Porygon
  • Vulpix

Although this is a lot more manageable, there is still a lot to cover so I am enlisting the help of all of you.

If you wish to help out, comment down below on a Pokemon that you want to write the analysis for, and you can begin writing straight away really! However, please keep in mind that this will require quite a bit of NFE experience, so if you don't think you're ready yet, try the metagame out more on our official Showdown server.

This is the stuff that needs to be included in the analysis:

• A short introduction
  • A minimum of two thought out and appropriate sets displayed in Showdown I/O.
  • Talk about the sets and why you have opted for particular moves, EV spreads, items, etc. Damage calcs are always good as well, although try and keep them in spoiler tags
  • Discuss Checks and Counters for the Pokemon you are studying
  • Talk about Other Options that you could run for this Pokemon but may not be the best to run
  • Wrap up the analysis with a meaningful, concise conclusion
Thanks in advance for your support! When you've finished writing, send your analysis to me through a PM and I'll see if there are any edits to be made. I'll be posting an analysis on Electabuzz in the next few days as a sample to compare yours to. Finally, don't write up the analysis for a Pokemon that is already taken :p

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
wow golbat is allowed in nfe? I need to make a new team

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I thought itd be ban idk. seems OP for the tier
It something we have discussed and something I will continue to bring it. It is currently in contention of banning alongside Sneasel.

testing