• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Nova's Battle Grounds

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
Howdy team :3

I am revamping an Idea presented by a member a few months ago in where we have a discussion hub for everyone who is either a seasoned battler that wants to talk about the Pokemon Competitive metagame or the newcomer who wants to learn the difference between ev's and Iv's. So here it is, this is Nova's Battle Grounds.

This area will also be used for us to Train/Discuss ideas for our teams in upcoming tournaments, it never hurts to be extra prepared

On here please feel free to talk about anything relating to Competitive Pokemon, I'll be here to answer any questions you might have. I look forward to seeing lots of posts here.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Good idea nexus. I guess ill start things off with this, what do you guys think about mono teams in serious OU battles/tournaments? I tried a mono team a few tourneys ago and was able to get to the semis. Anyone a fan of them? If so which types do you like to use?
I know this is a bit late, but I find them to be a bit inconsistent. They often catch people off guard, but generally lose in team preview. If your opponent has what they need to win, it's almost impossible to beat them with a mono team. There are some monos that this isn't necessary the case with (flying in particular), but for the most part monos are too matchup reliant to win tournaments and as such I avoid them.

testing