• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Official ORAS Tier Discussion

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Hey guys!

As some of you may know we have recently finished making our official site XY tiers: Here

Now it's time to move on using that foundation to build a fantastic ORAS tiering!

For anyone interested in being on the New Tiering Council please post why you're interested below and include some evidence showing your understanding of the meta, This is an exclusive council and not everyone will be given the opportunity to play a primary role in the process. That being said, every member will be given the opportunity to discuss potential changes after the tiers are completed on this thread!

We want people who are interested in helping, making a change, and being heard! A thorough understanding of the meta is required and we will limit the number of members to simplify the initial process.

Feel free to apply below :)

EDIT: You now need a minimum of 1400 Elo on 2 official Showdown ladders (official being Ubers, OU, UU, RU, NU, PU, NFE and LC). You can obtain these requirements on any server. If you do not like to use Showdown, then you need to show strong evidence of your skill level in game. Also, please post a screenshot of your Showdown name and ranking when you apply. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd like to apply to the tiering council. I should be battling a lot now.

"For anyone interested in being on the New Tiering Council please post why you're interested below and include some evidence showing your understanding of the meta"

I know you know your stuff Keji but gotta follow procedure :rolleyes:

Arcanscape

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would like to apply. I'm new to competitive battling, but I'll battle a lot to make up for that.

Edit: Ehh, like I said, I am new, so I want to get more experience before I even act to make a change in the community.

FrostedYukio

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I would like to apply for the Teiring Council, since I will be experimenting more with some sets and I would like to share my opinions on what some Pokemon's usages are

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I would like to apply. I'm new to competitive battling, but I'll battle a lot to make up for that

This council is for experienced battlers with a great understanding of the meta, although your opinion will be greatly appreciated post production, I don't think it's the place for newer battlers

I really appreciate the interest though :)

@Chipman42 are you applying with that o_O

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
I would like to be a part of the tiering council. I have a clear understanding of the meta. I have months of battle experience with the new oras pokemon,Thanks to showdown, as well as trying to invoke discussion on the Meta( Dom, you can personally reference my greninja post). I hope I can be a part of this important discussion.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I would love to apply. I have lots of great ideas and would love to share them. :)

"For anyone interested in being on the New Tiering Council please post why you're interested below and include some evidence showing your understanding of the meta, This is an exclusive council and not everyone will be given the opportunity to play a primary role in the process. That being said, every member will be given the opportunity to discuss potential changes after the tiers are completed on this thread!"

Either you didn't read the OP or you didn't follow the instructions >.<

You didn't provide anything to indicate your understanding of the current meta

YveltalLugia

Coolin
Credits
"For anyone interested in being on the New Tiering Council please post why you're interested below and include some evidence showing your understanding of the meta, This is an exclusive council and not everyone will be given the opportunity to play a primary role in the process. That being said, every member will be given the opportunity to discuss potential changes after the tiers are completed on this thread!"

Either you didn't read the OP or you didn't follow the instructions >.<

You didn't provide anything to indicate your understanding of the current meta
I don't have any proof to show you my understanding, unless you would like to test me. ;)

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Hello, I'd like to join this new council.

I have some new experience in the ORAS meta.

Some examples. Although everyone knows this, mold breaker excadrill completely ignores mega sableye's Magic bounce ability.

Some known facts as well. Prankster thundurus taunt against oblivious mamoswine Won't work.

Mega slowbro at +2 calm mind can take any special hit (4HKO) and retaliate back with 75% damage or oHko. Keep in mind tho pokemon resistant stay alive against slowbro but slowbro with psyshock at +4 beats crocune 1 on 1.

U-turn Lando T still outspeeds with its scarf right before mega sceptile mega evolves.

Mega salamance has a unique EV spread that can keep his sub intact against volt turn rotom w

I can provide more info when I get the chance sorry for the grammatical mistakes

Greninja who doesn't have hp Fire outspeeds Greninja with hp fire ALL THE TIME 100%

Shed she'll completely ignores magnet pull and shadow tag

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I don't have any proof to show you my understanding, unless you would like test me. ;)

I can test if you'd like but even if you 6-0 me It wouldn't guarantee anything, at the very least I'd like to know some details such as how long you've been battling etc

I would like to be a part of the tiering council. I have a clear understanding of the meta. I have months of battle experience with the new oras pokemon,Thanks to showdown, as well as trying to invoke discussion on the Meta( Dom, you can personally reference my greninja post). I hope I can be a part of this important discussion.

I do like how you initiated the greninja discussion and if I recall you know your stuff when battling, I'd say the odds are in your favor but i'd still like to see what the other members from the previous council think, no big deal (I'll ask them for everyone)

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Alright, I have been battling for quite a bit of years and have a lot of experience in single battling. I have also beat several of the best battlers on this site in singles.

YveltalLugia

Coolin
Credits
I can test if you'd like but even if you 6-0 me It wouldn't guarantee anything, at the very least I'd like to know some details such as how long you've been battling etc

I do like how you initiated the greninja discussion and if I recall you know your stuff when battling, I'd say the odds are in your favor but i'd still like to see what the other members from the previous council think, no big deal (I'll ask them for everyone)
Well, I've been competitively battling since a little bit before I joined PP. When I joined PP, that's when my skills increased as I learned a lot from you guys. From then on, I've been battling all around. I usually do test runs against Chip (when he has his 3DS)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Alright, I have been battling for quite a bit of years and have a lot of experience in single battling. I have also beat several of the best battlers on this site in singles.

Welcome to the squad Keji!

Well, I've been competitively battling since a little bit before I joined PP. When I joined PP, that's when my skills increased as I learned a lot from you guys. From then on, I've been battling all around. I usually do test runs against Chip (when he has his 3DS)

It isn't just about skill, it's about understanding and experience as well, that's why I'm hesitant to be honest. I could battle you ten times over and lose each time but it wouldn't tell me much about your understanding...

Hello, I'd like to join this new council.

I have some new experience in the ORAS meta.

Some examples. Although everyone knows this, mold breaker excadrill completely ignores mega sableye's Magic bounce ability.

Some known facts as well. Prankster thundurus taunt against oblivious mamoswine Won't work.

Mega slowbro at +2 calm mind can take any special hit (4HKO) and retaliate back with 75% damage or oHko. Keep in mind tho pokemon resistant stay alive against slowbro but slowbro with psyshock at +4 beats crocune 1 on 1.

U-turn Lando T still outspeeds with its scarf right before mega sceptile mega evolves.

Mega salamance has a unique EV spread that can keep his sub intact against volt turn rotom w

I can provide more info when I get the chance sorry for the grammatical mistakes

Greninja who doesn't have hp Fire outspeeds Greninja with hp fire ALL THE TIME 100%

Shed she'll completely ignores magnet pull and shadow tag

I appreciate how your views differ from other people's but I'm not sure you know how to express an opinion with backup as opposed to randomly saying unsupported things, You've also openly admitted you like to troll and I haven't liked what i've seen from you in the shoutbox recently

As for your statements:

"Greninja who doesn't have hp Fire outspeeds Greninja with hp fire ALL THE TIME 100%"

-This is only applicable given they both run the same Nature, EVs, and Have optimized IVs for their spreads. Items such as a Chocie Scarf would also change this. (Not 100%)

"Some examples. Although everyone knows this, mold breaker excadrill completely ignores mega sableye's Magic bounce ability.

Some known facts as well. Prankster thundurus taunt against oblivious mamoswine Won't work"

-Any taunt won't work not just thundurus o_O
-If everyone knows it why are you saying it lol

My point is these are random facts and damage calcs, could you tell me how long you've been battling competitively with some sort of experiences not facts?

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Welcome to the squad Keji!

It isn't just about skill, it's about understanding and experience as well, that's why I'm hesitant to be honest. I could battle you ten times over and lose each time but it wouldn't tell me much about your understanding...

I appreciate how your views differ from other people's but I'm not sure you know how to express an opinion with backup as opposed to randomly saying unsupported things, You've also openly admitted you like to troll and I haven't liked what i've seen from you in the shoutbox recently

As for your statements:

"Greninja who doesn't have hp Fire outspeeds Greninja with hp fire ALL THE TIME 100%"

-This is only applicable given they both run the same Nature, EVs, and Have optimized IVs for their spreads. Items such as a Chocie Scarf would also change this. (Not 100%)

"Some examples. Although everyone knows this, mold breaker excadrill completely ignores mega sableye's Magic bounce ability.

Some known facts as well. Prankster thundurus taunt against oblivious mamoswine Won't work"

-Any taunt won't work not just thundurus o_O
-If everyone knows it why are you saying it lol

My point is these are random facts and damage calcs, could you tell me how long you've been battling competitively with some sort of experiences not facts?
I've been battling competitively since February. I've peaked the leader twice both ranking 1800.

I know that showdown and also I said sorry for my mistakes in my op is was just typing along because my phone was dying. I understand my behavior might reject my acceptance to the council. But I still believe I have a chance. I have experiences as well.

So I have two pokemon left. Charivari mega x and scarf chomp. My opponent has 3 remaining moms. Latias dugtrio and I believe it was a fairy forgot which one.

So my Lando dies I send out char. He send out latias. He uses draco but I don't mega evolve because I kno I'll get OHKo. My char lives with 12%. I know I would live so I retaliate with dragon claw. It does 67% he then draco again and killed my charizrd he's already at -2.

I send out garchomp. I use earthquake But I know I can survive a draco because how weak it is. Latias dies to life orb recoil. I then ko his fairy with EQ (I had to because I didn't want to lock myself into a dragon move that fairies are immune to) and dugtrio making me win the game. In that situation my competitve experience helped me and I obviously knew what I had to do to win and what was the out come sorry for spelling phone dying

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I've been battling competitively since February. I've peaked the leader twice both ranking 1800.

I know that showdown and also I said sorry for my mistakes in my op is was just typing along because my phone was dying. I understand my behavior might reject my acceptance to the council. But I still believe I have a chance. I have experiences as well.

So I have two pokemon left. Charivari mega x and scarf chomp. My opponent has 3 remaining moms. Latias dugtrio and I believe it was nidoking.

So my Lando dies I send out char. He send out latias. He uses draco but I don't mega evolve because I kno I'll get OHKo. My char lives with 12%. I know I would live so I retaliate with dragon claw. It does 67% he then draco again and killed my charizrd he's already at -2.

I send out garchomp. I use earthquake But I know I can survive a draco because how weak it is. Latias dies to life orb recoil. I then ohko his nidoking and dugtrio making me win the game. In that situation my competitve experience helped me and I obviously knew what I had to do to win and what was the out come sorry for spelling phone dying

You personally insulted a member multiple times and you openly disrespect the site, It wasn't the first time and I'm not sure how I feel about your involvement

Your example is super specific and isn't really relevant IMO

I tried to help you when you were knew and you rejected my advice, you later came back and insulted me saying my mentoring wasn't worth a damn and you would beat me any day, this leads me to believe you wouldn't value my opinion or other member's opinions when considering tier changes

I've also seen copious amounts of stubbornness in your claims with little to no logic aside from check smogon's forums. I don't think you're flexible in your opinions which is important in a group council, I also feel as if your understanding from last time we battled was not the best, if I remember correctly you've been 6-0d multiple times by multiple people making novice mistakes

Overall I'll ask the other members how they feel about your participation but to be honest I'm not really interested in accepting you with the way you've been. For starters you would definitely need to promise you'll change and be open to changes that aren't Smogon Carbon Copies.

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
You personally insulted a member multiple times and you openly disrespect the site, It wasn't the first time and I'm not sure how I feel about your involvement

Your example is super specific and isn't really relevant IMO

I tried to help you when you were knew and you rejected my advice, you later came back and insulted me saying my mentoring wasn't worth a damn and you would beat me any day, this leads me to believe you wouldn't value my opinion or other member's opinions when considering tier changes

I've also seen copious amounts of stubbornness in your claims with little to no logic aside from check smogon's forums. I don't think you're flexible in your opinions which is important in a group council, I also feel as if your understanding from last time we battled was not the best, if I remember correctly you've been 6-0d multiple times by multiple people making novice mistakes

Overall I'll ask the other members how they feel about your participation but to be honest I'm not really interested in accepting you with the way you've been. For starters you would definitely need to promise you'll change and be open to changes that aren't Smogon Carbon Copies.
That was before I joined smogon With these novice mistakes. But also seems like yall not really feeling me you not really feeling this community isn't feeling me so I'll just forget about it because you not interested in accepting me so idk it's whatever I wanted to change by starting with a new leaf helping out and contributing but I'm not getting the opportunity here. I'll just tell doulie to block me from visiting this site if that's how yall feel. Sorry I'm getting off topic but yeah I ain't gonna say no more. Thanks tho!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
That was before I joined smogon With these novice mistakes. But also seems like yall not really feeling me you not really feeling this community isn't feeling me so I'll just forget about it because you not interested in accepting me so idk it's whatever I wanted to change by starting with a new leaf helping out and contributing but I'm not getting the opportunity here. I'll just tell doulie to block me from visiting this site if that's how yall feel. Sorry I'm getting off topic but yeah I ain't gonna say no more. Thanks tho!

When you literally say you want to make us like Smogon it's counterproductive because we aren't trying to be a smogon copy or anything of that nature, that's why people feel the way they do, I'm not asking you to leave I'm just asking you to be flexible in your opinions and your views for the site and our tiers, You are presented with the opportunity even if you aren't accepted that's the point

After the tiers are made they will be updated as we see fit, everyone will have a voice and everyone will be heard on this thread while only select people will be discussing the initial process to keep it simple fast and organized

No need to get blocked or leave the site over something so minuscule, I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I want to join because I'm the only one that understand's masquerain's true tier placement.

But to be serious, I've been in the metagame aspect since the beginning of 5th gen, and I'm commonly found talking in the shoutbox about matchups, Pokemon's capabilities, and tier placements obsessively, which I sometimes accidentily spur arguements over. :p I Am commonly making different teams, so I am very immersed in many different situations an aspects in the meta. I can confidentily say I have made teams using every OU and UU pokemon in the XY tiers, and I would love to start testing with ORAS pokemon an try to help develop the new meta. I was also on the previous council, so I have experiance on how it works :)

Thanks for accepting. #Blunt