• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Official PBL - Perfect Battlers League!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
We here at Perfect Pokemon are happy to announce that Perfect Pokemon will be hosting its first official battling League!

http://challonge.com/PBLeaguee

Follow Along!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a_qw2Mm9UZCLUNnkup29xPZkd6gMAPMXfk4a9eOs2Zw/edit#gid=0

5IfqoF6.jpg

Description:
For those of you who may not be familiar, a battling league consists of multiple teams marked by one head coach who meets the requirements that will be listed below. This specific league will consist of 16 teams battling over the course of 15 weeks, all fighting for a chance to claim Perfect Pokemon's first Official League title!

The Draft:
In order to gather Pokemon to use on their respective teams, a draft will be held in order to determine which Pokemon will go to which team. Once a Pokemon is chosen, it may not be selected by another team. Furthermore, any Pokemon not chosen during the course of the draft cannot be picked up by any team, regardless of circumstances.

The draft will be done in a serpentine format (top to bottom, then bottom to top) where the names of all teams involved in the draft are randomized in order to determine their spot in the draft. Players will then proceed to draft 3 Pokemon from each of the 4 Perfect Pokemon tiers (OU, UU, RU, and NU). Each tier will have 3 rounds. The draft order will be randomized at the start of each tier. The order for round one will start with Pick 1 and go down the line until the 16th coach picks his/her Pokemon. Round 2 will start with the 16th seed and climb upwards to the 1st seed again. Round 3 will have the same draft order as Round 1.
In reference to the Pokemon drafted, there are some rules about the Pokemon coaches can and cannot draft. Coaches may not choose Pokemon above or below their given tier (NU picks may be from PU and lower).

OU, UU, RU, and NU will each have a separate draft order. For OU you may be first but for UU you could be 11th or 12th.

In order for a coach to use a Mega Evolution, he/she must use one of the picks in which that Pokemon's Mega Evolution is placed. For example, if a coach wishes to use Mega Pinsir, he/she must draft Pinsir with one of his/her OU slots.

If you want a mega pinsir you must draft it in OU! You cannot draft pinsir in his lower tier and then claim him as your mega! This is the only lower tier draft exception for OU/UU/RU!

The draft will be held approximately 1 week after the cap limit for coaches has been reached. Coaches will draft their Pokemon via skype call. (Not everyone has to speak don't worry, as long as you're able to type in there you're fine!)

The Season:
The Season will consist of 15 weeks, with 8 battles taking place each week. Battles will be played in-game with only the Pokemon coaches drafted. Each coach will face-off against the 15 other coaches in random order in order to see who advances to the post-season. The top four teams with the best records will proceed to the play-offs.

The Play-Offs:
After the regular season ends, the Top 4 teams with the best records will compete in a small mini-tournament consisting of the Semi-Finals and Finals. The winner of the finals will be crowned the first ever Perfect Pokemon League Champion.

Trades:
Like in sports, teams will be able to trade Pokemon that they see no future need for in order to invest in the Pokemon of another team. Again, coaches may not trade team members for Pokemon that were not drafted. Trades will not be limited, you can trade draft picks!

The Reward:
There will be an achievement and banner linked officially to this league! Details have not yet been announced but winning the league will definitely put you one step closer to taking home a very rare and exclusive banner!
The winning team will also receive the sum of all entry fees!

Coach Requirements:
Must pay 100 PC entry fee!
Must be an active user who will be dedicated and ensure completion of their weekly matches!
For the time being we are rejecting brand new users due to the importance of reliability! Nothing personal!
Finally you must post below saying you're interested.

Feel free to come up with creative team names and get art made for the league, it's a good investment if things go well and we have multiple seasons! If you wish to reserve a sweet team name post below. (Examples: New York Mankees, Chicago Granbulls, etc.)

That about wraps up the rules and specifications of the draft, and I hope this answers the questions that most of you would have to ask. Anything else you may be wondering please ask below!

Good luck to all teams throughout the season!

Thanks @Gold 2.0 for writing up the rules!

Any users who want a custom team logo PM me to receive a discounted rate! (Bulk discounts from another artist)

Don't send PC until after all 16 slots are taken!
Each user is the coach of their own team, they pick a name and own it, they draft and battle!
All battles are wi-fi it is an official tournament after all!

Coaches - Teams:
1.Dom - Staten Island Staraptors
2.Gold 2.0 - Louisiana Lombre
3.Ericashes - Washington Wailords
4.Senortangerino89 - Madison Marowaks
5.Notsoclutch - Cincinnati Cinccino
6.Miles8088 - Atlanta Aerodactyls
7.G - Melbourne Mews
8.Sewage - Greenwich Grimer
9. AceBreeder-Brock - The BC Geodudes
10.Matt_192 - The British Brelooms
11.Cannujul - Victorian Venusaurs
12.Kankuro236 - Southwest Steelix
13.Blaguard/Phenix - Acadiana Arcanines
14.Strawberries - Queens Village Golurk
15.Jiggly - Alaska Absols
16.Cj-97 - Irish Infernapes

Last edited:

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I will def be interested in this :)

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Ill enter :) Atlanta Talonflames will be the first atlanta team to win in the playoffs >.<

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Added all you guys, I'm hyped!

Just lmk when you guys have your names if they weren't included please :]

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
OMG!!!! you guys are trying to get it going again!!!! i remember the first go around never fired.......I would love to partake in this though!!!
That one was a little different and will be coming back when I can better force people into battling on time. XD

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
That one was a little different and will be coming back when I can better force people into battling on time. XD

I think he means my GBA league from over a year ago that he was involved in xD

I could be wrong lol

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
IN ALL SERIOUSNESS GUYS A LOT OF WORK AND DETAIL WENT INTO THE RULES AS TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THE RULES
All caps #band

testing