• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active PerfectPoke Tiers! (NU-OU)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Alright guys, This idea has been discussed previously but seems to have died somewhere along the way unfortunately.

I know many members have been interested in this idea so here it goes:

As many of you know we do have our own banlist separate from the most commonly used one (smogon's)

http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/official-perfect-pokemon-ubers-tier.1866/

Now I think it's time to finish the project and release our very own tiers! OU, UU, RU, and NU (Possibly PU?)

I'm looking for experienced members who know the ins and outs of the meta and battling in general. People with experience with the aforementioned tiers would be great! I would look to form a council of some sort to review the tiering and make changes as seen necessary. Post below if you're interested in the idea or if you are interested in joining the council in the near future. If you would like to join then post your experiences battling or with the meta you may have please!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a conceptual thread!

The purpose of this thread is to share the idea, get reactions, comments, concerns, and all that stuff.

The second purpose is to get a leading group of people for the project, then eventually many major decisions will have the community weigh in and vote!

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
I'd say we should probably just go off of smogon for those tiers but BL pokemon just go down to the tier they were before for example Mega Alakazam would be UU. I clearly have experience with the metas being that I won the most recent tournament and I'd be interested in being a member of the council.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd say we should probably just go off of smogon for those tiers but BL pokemon just go down to the tier they were before for example Mega Alakazam would be UU

It is mostly smogon but our updates may not parallel theirs like our uber tier

Some changes depending on opinions and yeah the BLs will need to be placed but that alone requires help from experienced battlers

But yeah nothing drastic maybe just a change or two for reference

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
It is mostly smogon but our updates may not parallel theirs like our uber tier

Some changes depending on opinions and yeah the BLs will need to be placed but that alone requires help from experienced battlers

But yeah nothing drastic maybe just a change or two for reference
Some of the more recent bans are complete bs like MMawile and Aegislash. I'm not even convinced mega blaziken would be all that over powered then again I could be wrong

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Some of the more recent bans are complete bs like MMawile and Aegislash. I'm not even convinced mega blaziken would be all that over powered then again I could be wrong

Yeah which is why we have our own tiers lol, BS bans like that won't be followed here and this is to officiate it and have people know that we don't follow their bans like that

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
With Azumarill and Talonflame I see no reason why Mega Blaziken is banned tbh

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
With Azumarill and Talonflame I see no reason why Mega Blaziken is banned tbh

If you feel that strongly about it, then I would advise posting in the competitive section and starting a poll, that would involve editing the uber tier as well this is for OU-RU xD

(I get it would go to OU but, the uber tier is a thing the ou tier is not (yet))

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
If you feel that strongly about it, then I would advise posting in the competitive section and starting a poll, that would involve editing the uber tier as well this is for OU-RU xD

(I get it would go to OU but, the uber tier is a thing the ou tier is not (yet))
True I will in a little bit I'm working on reclaiming my gym

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
This is an awesome idea. It'd be nice to govern the rest of the tiers rather than just Ubers.

I'm well versed in OU and I have a bit of experience with UU.

I have plenty of experience with the current tiering and meta, so I'd be more than happy to be a part of the council.

We could even test and re-adjust some of our Uber tier Mons once we get everything set up.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
Alright guys, This idea has been discussed previously but seems to have died somewhere along the way unfortunately.

I know many members have been interested in this idea so here it goes:

As many of you know we do have our own banlist separate from the most commonly used one (smogon's)

http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/official-perfect-pokemon-ubers-tier.1866/

Now I think it's time to finish the project and release our very own tiers! OU, UU, RU, and NU (Possibly PU?)

I'm looking for experienced members who know the ins and outs of the meta and battling in general. People with experience with the aforementioned tiers would be great! I would look to form a council of some sort to review the tiering and make changes as seen necessary. Post below if you're interested in the idea or if you are interested in joining the council in the near future. If you would like to join then post your experiences battling or with the meta you may have please!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a conceptual thread!

The purpose of this thread is to share the idea, get reactions, comments, concerns, and all that stuff.

The second purpose is to get a leading group of people for the project, then eventually many major decisions will have the community weigh in and vote!

I would love to be apart of this council. I agree with Forbidden on letting BL be used in UU. I also agree that there are too many threats for Mega Blaziken to be ubers. Let along Blaziken. I also think MMawile and Aegislash should not be banned.

My experience is in OU and now recently UU.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
This is an awesome idea. It'd be nice to govern the rest of the tiers rather than just Ubers.

I'm well versed in OU and I have a bit of experience with UU.

I have plenty of experience with the current tiering and meta, so I'd be more than happy to be a part of the council.

We could even test and re-adjust some of our Uber tier Mons once we get everything set up.
I would love to be apart of this council. I agree with Forbidden on letting BL be used in UU. I also agree that there are too many threats for Mega Blaziken to be ubers. Let along Blaziken. I also think MMawile and Aegislash should not be banned.

My experience is in OU and now recently UU.

I can agree that some uber tier mons can use a retest, Both of you are welcome to join, Mega Blaziken can also be re evaluated but I'm not really affiliated with the Uber tier so i'll try to talk to doulie about it once this is all settled

I think once there are about 6 or so members we can get started so stay tuned guys!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'd really like to sign up, if I can at least :p I've been requesting a council like this for a while and it's awesome to see it finally put up! I've had about 4 years experience of proper competitive play, namely VGC (20th at last UK Nats), but I have done suspect tests and similar on Showdown (mainly OU and UU). Overall, I do know a lot about the metas, and hope I can be a valuable addition to the council :D

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I would love to take part in this, as I almost came up with a tiering list for the site years ago xD But ya, this is a great idea, and I'm in full support!

I dabble in showdown often, but I mostly play OU and UU there. I play low tier for fun, but would take lots of time to study the low tiers if needed.

Last edited:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I'm interested in joining the council.

My ladder peak on Pokémon Showdown! was 27th on the BW NU ladder not long before it was reset due to XY's release; I have a high level of experience in most Smogon tiers and I came really close to top cut at UK nats this year; and I recently qualified for the Ubers suspect test.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
But in all seriousness, why is there a need for such a small council? Many people have such varied opinions, it seems weird to make everyone's vote SO strong!

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
But in all seriousness, why is there a need for such a small council? Many people have such varied opinions, it seems weird to make everyone's vote SO strong!

Everyone on PerfectPokemon is ultimately entitled to a vote, test, discussion and decision.

The information gathered will be discussed and finalized by the council.

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Alright.

This thread was meant to get a feel for the community's opinion on a council for tiering and for applicants who wish to join, not for arguments.

There shall be no more spam in this thread, I'll only clean it once.

testing