• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

PKHeXlocke (Work in Progress)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I've been working on an idea for a new type of Nuzlocke which utilizes PKHeX as an alternative way to play an Nuzlocke in XY & ORAS with interesting encounters without randomizing your games data.

This will require a 3DS with firmware 9.0-9.5 to use the "pokémon.ekx" web browser injection method to inject Pokémon into your game OR other save dumping methods.

A PKHeXlocke follows standard Nuzlocke rules:
1. You can only capture the first Pokémon you encounter on a route, if you don't capture that Pokémon you cannot capture any other Pokémon in that area.
2. If a Pokémon faints, you must release or deposit the Pokemon into the PC.
3. You must nickname your Pokémon, create a stronger bond with your Pokémon!

A PKHeXlocke adds a few extra rules to make your Nuzlocke more interesting! These rules are currently a work in progress so please feel free to suggest changes or added rules that could increase the challenge or make things more interesting.

PKHeXlocke Added Rules:
1. If you capture a Pokémon put it in "Box 1 Slot 1", then use a random number generator to pick a number between 1-721. The number that is chosen corresponds to the evolutionary chain of a Pokémon, the Pokémon you'll be creating will depend on the level of the Pokémon you captured and the evolutionary chain that was randomly selected for you (i.e. if the Pokémon that was chosen for you evolves at a higher level you'll be creating the previous evolution.)

Example:
- If you captured a level 4 Pokémon and the number chosen for you is the number of a fully evolved Pokémon like Blastoise, then the Pokémon you'll create will be a Squirtle as the Pokémon is not a high enough level to be a Wartortle or a Blastoise yet.

2. The Pokémon you create must be YOUR Pokémon, meaning the Pokémon has your OT, ID, SID, and is from the version of the game you're playing on (AS, OR, X, Y.) Instructions on how to get this information will be at the bottom of this post*

4. You'll be using the Pokémons level up moveset to create each Pokémon, Pokémon cannot be created with ORAS egg moves, move tutor moves, TMs & HMS, or PP Ups.

PKHeXlocke Optional Rules:
1. When editing your Pokemon, you can change gender, nicknames, abilities, and natures.

2. Pokémon that you're required to encounter to progress in the game (Kecleon, Snorlax, Legendary Pokémon) can be considered an extra encounter in the area they're found.

Useful Links:

"pokémon.ekx" injection method:
Full instructions and "code.bin" file available, here.

Instructions on how to get your ID & SID (you're dumping your RAM, only "rsavout.bin" required.), here.

JK's Save Manager:
If you have access to Homebrew, use this easier method, here. (I can easily walk anyone through the process of editing your saves through Homebrew + PKHeX, as this is the method I use.)

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
This sounds very awesome :)

Definitely going to look into this as it sounds really fun and I've luckily got a 3Ds that meets the criteria :D

texextra

Youngster Joey
Credits
Excellent suggestion! I think I just may try this on my next run through SM
— what would you say about your starter mon? Change or keep?
A clause (optional?) should be added to re-roll if you land a legendary number such as 150.

Also, while changing gender / nickname comes down to aesthetic / preference — I'd say changing nature and ability shouldn't be included.

Pokemon abilities are listed like:

Ability 1
Ability 2
Hidden Ability

Changing the species doesn't change which of the 3 potential abilities is selected, a Squirtle with Hidden Ability will become a Litten with Hidden Ability, etc.

Modifying the nature allows players to optimise their randomly selected Pokemon and again, reduces the challenge.

I'm definitely down to try a run like this!

EDIT:
I've now started a run like this on Moon, if there's any interest I can set up a thread documenting the journey : )

Last edited:

testing