• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokémon Sun&Moon - Pokémon Snap Returns With Ultra Beasts And Type: Null! - PP Times

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

So many good things. A new Pokémon called Type: Null is revealed, but don't be fooled, this isn't a new typing. Type: Null is a normal type Pokémon with the ability Battle Armor. We're also shown an adorable new dragon type Pokémon called Jangmo-o, and an Alola Raticate, who I have the sneaking suspicion we'll be seeing a lot more of. Gladion, a Team Skull Enforcer is confident in his battle skills! But the Aether Foundation, a Pokémon protection group, isn't going to let Team Skull get away with hurting Pokémon anymore!

In terms of new features, you can collect Zygarde cores, and take pictures of wild Pokemon throughout your Alola region journey. Another interesting feature being the version differences. Unlike in previous games where the only differences between versions were wild Pokemon, and the main legendary Pokemon. Sun and Moon will take place 12 hours apart from each other, and events throughout the games will play differently depending on the version you own.

And don't forget, Ultra Beasts!!! What are these?

What do you find to be the most interesting?
Post your thoughts down below!

Dead_Red

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I've never gotten both games before but I think I will this time just cause the different events. This looks so freakin lit. I'm on the fence about the Null: Type pokemon. It looks a grotesque collaboration of vaporeon (tail), Bisharp, and Trevanant.

jedd

Youngster Joey
Credits
Some of the names are just horrendous. When I first saw Type: Null, I legitimately thought they were bringing in ANOTHER type. No more, please haha.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Some of the names are just horrendous. When I first saw Type: Null, I legitimately thought they were bringing in ANOTHER type. No more, please haha.
I was actually considering mentioning that when writing this post. When I first watched the trailer I was thinking, where is this Pokémons name? Jangmo-o is also, strange. I can understand Jangmo-o, but not the added "-o".

One thing does make sense though! ULTRA BEASTS!

jedd

Youngster Joey
Credits
I was actually considering mentioning that when writing this post. When I first watched the trailer I was thinking, where is this Pokémons name? Jangmo-o is also, strange. I can understand Jangmo-o, but not the added "-o".

My thoughts too. I thought they screwed the trailer up, and it was some sort of translation error. Guess not!

Looking forward to finding out more about the ultra beasts. I hope they stay true to the franchise and don't stray too far from the winning formula they had last gen.

Dead_Red

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Yo I dont know about any ultra beast but im excited for perfect zygarde and are we gonna see marshadow (leak on 4chan and is supposedly the third legendary). If a new typing is released i would like to see something that is hit by normal types for super effective damage.

QuicksilverFoxx

Youngster Joey
Credits
Ok yeah, Type: Null is an abomination, but the photography feature looks like it could be fun and I like that the storylines differ.

AaronChBurns

Youngster Joey
Credits
Looooove Type: Null. Looks like the Aether Foundation attempted to recreate Arceus or something.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Looooove Type: Null. Looks like the Aether Foundation attempted to recreate Arceus or something.
From what I've been reading, it's based on a Chimera. A creature made of different parts of other creatures. With the name Type:Null, null meaning nothing, void, canceled out etc it's a pretty interesting Pokemon. I'm curious to see what they'll do with it! :D

QuicksilverFoxx

Youngster Joey
Credits

I thought this was odd too, but it turns out "mo-o" is Hawaiian for "dragon"