• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokegen and any other pokemon generating app will stop working after May 20th 2014

Pokegen and any other pokemon generating app will stop working after May 20th 2014

By Mynor1
Published 
The Nintedo WFC is shutting down!
It was announced yesterday that as of May 20th 2014 all nintendo DS and Wii wifi services will be terminated. What does this mean for all our genners? This means the GTS will no longer work for both 4th and 5th generation games. Although there may eventually be alternatives to being able to create pokemon such as the powersaves cheating device, some people may not be able to spend money to get their hands on one. What are you opinions on this termination?

Sources: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vyWpoM6CBIe6FjW8NIY7bvzOrgBURhzw

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Oh well, better get a bunch of pokemon while I can.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I just read this on serebii.... wooooow time to transfer a lot of mons quickly! :C

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
This sucks! That's what I think!

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
oh yah lol I read March both here and on serebii xD
well guess I might just buy it... just once
Buy the power saves thing? :p I am as soon as they make the software for mac haha

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Buy the power saves thing? :p I am as soon as they make the software for mac haha

Power save? What is this you speak of? ;)

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Gym Badges

Good stuff here mynor, will tweet later

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits

chatot

Youngster Joey
Credits
Wait, are you guys sure that this will make PokeGen obsolete?
Sure, the main GTS servers will shut down, but we'll still be able to connect to fake GTS servers, like PokeGTS.us, right?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Wait, are you guys sure that this will make PokeGen obsolete?
Sure, the main GTS servers will shut down, but we'll still be able to connect to fake GTS servers, like PokeGTS.us, right?
I don't thinks so...

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68675604 That's what everyone here is saying. They have no source for their information but they seem pretty sure about it.
Because you won't be able to connect to the gts there is no way to be able to connect to anything run through a DNS server since you won't be able to connect to the internet. There is a fix in the works to make it work for 6th gen though :)

testing