• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokemon doubles team

gorilas21

Youngster Joey
Credits
I am starting to build a team for doubles inside of pokemon sun and moon in which i would like to avoid using legends and ultra beasts as i want to get it legit and i don't want to go through the game again to get better ones or to have to use a lot fo bottle caps. The team i came up with would be.
Garchomp / Arcanine / Metagross / Alola Ninetales / Snorlax / Hydreigon.
It's the first time i try to make a pvp team so i would really like to have some of your feedback. Thanks

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I'd like to know a bit more specific information about the Pokemon you are using. Pokemon like Arcanine require specific builds to be effective. Most notably it needs to be running intimidate. I like Ninetails as anti weather/screens, but anything else isn't going to be too useful I don't think. Hydreigon and Metagross are pretty eh, but can shine if built with the right EVs.

Also, just to clarify, what format is this for? If this is VGC, I don't know if Hydreigon meets the requirements.

gorilas21

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'd like to know a bit more specific information about the Pokemon you are using. Pokemon like Arcanine require specific builds to be effective. Most notably it needs to be running intimidate. I like Ninetails as anti weather/screens, but anything else isn't going to be too useful I don't think. Hydreigon and Metagross are pretty eh, but can shine if built with the right EVs.

Also, just to clarify, what format is this for? If this is VGC, I don't know if Hydreigon meets the requirements.

So arcanine will be intimidate and anti ice pokemon and the though behind metagross was to bullet punch in case against an alola nitetales which arcanine can't outspeed in order to keep garchomp alive. The ninetales was more for both weather and also the aurora veil to boost the defensive stats of my pokemons. Hydreigon was just a filler pokemon. Wasn't sure what to put in it's spot. The team would be for vgc format.

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Metagross has worked for my brother as a bulky Steelium-Z user.

I'd drop hydreigon for a special attacking dark or ghost type like gengar (who is amazing with a focus sash)

testing