• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokemon go, thoughts on server side patch that stops pokemon from spawning at certain speeds.

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
With a recent server side patch Niantic made it so pokemon stop spawning after 30mph, which makes sense but a lot of the players do play in the passenger seat. I do feel like it is effective to stop people who did play while they are driving, but punishes players who want to play in the passenger seat by not being able to catch anything.I do understand that Niantic wants people to explore the world on foot, look at interesting landmarks, but a lot of people who are busy with other things play in the car, as a passenger. I do play the game by walking around and going places, but I know this effects a lot of players so I wanted to bring it up. What do you guys think about this change?

Monique

Youngster Joey
Credits
I go for long walks so it doesn't really affect me, but this is a very poor change on Niantic's part and is alienating a lot of players. Namely players that can only play during their commute to/from work/school, and also disabled players who struggle with walking.

Kalzran

Youngster Joey
Credits
I rarely play as a passenger (mostly because I'm usually driving), but when I am, it'd be nice if I could still play on the go (no pun intended). I'm definitely of the mind that the drive-while-playing deterrent is important, but I wonder if there's a better way to keep drivers off besides the "I'm a passenger" button.

testing