• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokemon Showdown Server - Bugs and Suggestions

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
In this thread, please comment if you found any issues with the server itself, the background, music, anything really! We're trying to address everything here, and as this is a new project, you can expect there to be a number of issues currently.

Comment down below and I'll add your post to a list in this OP. I'll make a second spoiler tag for issues that we have fixed :p

> Teambuilder displays Smogon Tiering despite battles using PP Tiering
> PPBot is taking up too much server room

> Doubles Room's roomintro now has working images - the speech marks were incorrect
> Team Rooms disappeared

Please also comment down below on what you would like the server to include! I can guess that we will get a lot of requests for certain rooms, although I'm happy to hear what ideas you may come up with. Bear in mind that ideas may be limited due to my not so in-depth knowledge of Javascript, but I can probably deal with what you throw at me :p

If you have any metagame ideas, please post them in the standard Showdown Sub-Forum with [Other Metagame] preceding the title.

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey there. I keep getting server connection fail. Is it only me?
From what I can tell, it's only you - the server is currently open with 10 ish people online.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
The server is completely down now :/

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Its down again XD

#catchingitout

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Its down again XD

#catchingitout
Shouldn't be ;)
The reason being, is I'm in the process of moving houses and the internet connection is currently a bit "glitchy" hence the server may be down time to time. Should be resolved once I move in ;)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Guys, please leave connection issues out of here cause it's quite clear that the thread will be covered in them.

Quick help guide:
  • If you are getting an error 407 error, that is due to Showdown itself being down, not our server specifically
  • If you are getting an error that states "server is down" or something similar, that is either because the server is down or it has just been restarted.
If the server is down, it is most llikely due to @CannuJul moving house, so bear with us :p However, just PM/IM connection errors to us with a screenshot.

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Side note cause idk if u saw it cause u were on phone.... Scald display of movement appears/ appeared as 3 img boxes

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
@Matt_192 team rooms seem to be working on my end, so I'm pretty sure we've resolved that :D

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
soo idk if its a glitch or not but random battle with ppbot it had a suicune with water absorb.........

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
soo idk if its a glitch or not but random battle with ppbot it had a suicune with water absorb.........
That's not an issue - all players can get unreleased moves/abilities/items in randbat :}