• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[POLL] Tournament Times

What's your opinion on tournament times?

• Total voters

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Ever since I started perfectpokemon, I have seen quite a few tournaments go by, but have never had the chance to compete in them due to the timing.

For a lot of foreigners, 5PM EST is not a great time, and this is why I wish to change the times, or at least, create a second tournament. This will allow for maximum global participation, and hopefully we can all have the chance of entering.

But I really want to know what you guys think - how do other times suit you on a Sunday? What do you think we could push it back to? Lastly, are you open to the idea of multiple tournaments? Drop a comment below, and I hope to take this further :)

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Would honestly want the administators here to ask the members of PerfectPokemon what time would be suit them, and then put it around where it would be. I have two jobs, and would like to see some times where I can actually compete.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I had suggested something similar to this to doulie a long time ago, my suggestion was that mods and admins could plan to hold different official tournaments on different days and times.

This would hopefully give others a chance to battle in an official tournament. :)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Dom for changing the normal time, I would say 12EST (or something like 3, if that doesn't work)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I suggest that they are on Sundays at around 17:00 GMT (or GMT+1 in DST) as that is in the middle of all the timezones.

A better way of going about it tho imo is if we spread tournaments over the space of a week and make people post their timezones when they sign up to aid in pairing. That way we can give players time to arrange their matches and play their games. They could notify the tourney host with their wins and then get matched up for the next round and then still have time to arrange a time.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I suggest that they are on Sundays at around 17:00 GMT (or GMT+1 in DST) as that is in the middle of all the timezones.

A better way of going about it tho imo is if we spread tournaments over the space of a week and make people post their timezones when they sign up to aid in pairing. That way we can give players time to arrange their matches and play their games. They could notify the tourney host with their wins and then get matched up for the next round and then still have time to arrange a time.
My problem with this stems from small tournaments that we do all the time on the site, where people just forget about them.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

The idea sounds great but, in theory i don't think people have the attention span to keep up with their matches >.<

Things come up and people bail, it gets into a whole big thing

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
agree with this idea.

If you agree that's what the poll is for, in the future please try to refrain from posts without giving in any input if there's a poll to take opinions

Thanks!

YveltalLugia

Coolin
Credits
Ever since I started perfectpokemon, I have seen quite a few tournaments go by, but have never had the chance to compete in them due to the timing.

For a lot of foreigners, 5PM EST is not a great time, and this is why I wish to change the times, or at least, create a second tournament. This will allow for maximum global participation, and hopefully we can all have the chance of entering.

But I really want to know what you guys think - how do other times suit you on a Sunday? What do you think we could push it back to? Lastly, are you open to the idea of multiple tournaments? Drop a comment below, and I hope to take this further :)
I sometimes am in school around 12 PM EST. 3 EST sounds nicer since I get home from school around 2:45 or so.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I sometimes am in school around 12 PM EST. 3 EST sounds nicer since I get home from school around 2:45 or so.
I like the idea of 3EST - works for the majority of people in fairness

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I had suggested something similar to this to doulie a long time ago, my suggestion was that mods and admins could plan to hold different official tournaments on different days and times.

This would hopefully give others a chance to battle in an official tournament. :)
Thats the best thing!!!! we need to have way more tournaments than one every like 15 days! What doulie replied to you? and why this not happening already?? anyway i am European so the time is already tough for me, i can make my scedule though if the tournament worth it!

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I still think it would be helpful to have a Forum clock for all of us to reference when we're setting up times and what not. Many of us come from various parts of the world.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I still think it would be helpful to have a Forum clock for all of us to reference when we're setting up times and what not. Many of us come from various parts of the world.
I would recommend you make this into a separate thread - it seems like a good idea :)

Daigon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Suggest not to have it on Sundays at all especially during football season... I was finally able to catch my first tourney during Zero Hoots but then I had to beg one of my opponents to wait for me so I can go out and get dinner for the fam. So yeah the times need to definitely get pushed back. At least 6pm EST or later. Or hold the same tournament twice just at different times

Lotad Is Beast

Youngster Joey
Credits
Suggest not to have it on Sundays at all especially during football season... I was finally able to catch my first tourney during Zero Hoots but then I had to beg one of my opponents to wait for me so I can go out and get dinner for the fam. So yeah the times need to definitely get pushed back. At least 6pm EST or later. Or hold the same tournament twice just at different times
this poll is for the times to be pushed forward right?

testing