• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active [POLL] What would you like to see from the site YouTube?

What content would you like us to produce?

• Total voters

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Thanks to everyone for voting!

Code:
Showdown Laddering   
9 vote(s)    47.4%

Teambuilding w/ Friends   
6 vote(s)    31.6%

Tier Introduction Videos w/ Tier Leaders   
7 vote(s)    36.8%

News Videos (Site or General Pokemon News)   
7 vote(s)    36.8%

Pokemon ROM Playthroughs   
10 vote(s)    52.6%

Other   
7 vote(s)    36.8%

These are the results! Pokemon ROMs have won in a landslide so definitely expect a few of those coming soon! (at least, when I get the layout set up :p ). Also, don't think I'll be disregarding the other ideas - even teambuilding, falling last with 6 votes, also seems to be reasonably popular, but at least myself and @Yungfaux know how we should vary our content to suit you :]

Also, I'd like to talk about some of the ideas I've seen in the comments!

Nuzlockes, Nuzlockes, Nuzlockes, Nuzlockes, Nuzlockes!!
pls matt
Sure! Definitely something I'll link in with the ROMs :p

Yeah but I think two team building series is redundant tbh, Seems too concentrated so you can just do yours

But if things change lmk
Yo i like the sound of everything thats been mentioned.

I don't think 2 team building series would be too congested, if anything it would increase the amount of vids available for people to watch in their sub box which allows them to binge watch.

Maybe make them slightly different but getting two experts on two different team building series would be a good thing for sure.
@Dom I don't mind if you still want to do your series, but we'll probably have to make some sort of schedule when it comes to teambuilding videos so everything doesn't seem redundant like you said. Either way, I still think it's a good idea.

I don't know if you guys have seen this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/EXPNU

They're a pokemon battling league with sports station like coverage of the actual league as in they have news stories/draft recaps/power rankings. I think doing that on the PP channel for the PBL could be beneficial as well as posting battles.

Some crazy series like a person trying to beat all 18 gyms using only 1 team of six pokemon would be cool to watch and LP's and WIFI battles are always good content, especially if we get some of the experienced battlers to commentate and people can learn from them.
As for the part about PBL, weekly summaries are already something I have planned! Expect those coming out each week when I get my layout sorted :p

Second series would be pretty cool, the co-ordination with battle videos, etc would probably the difficult part though, as well as actually finding someone to do it. Either way, definitely a good idea :)

Ugh this shits hard to do on a phone blehhhh anyways @Matt_192 i like doms idea i think it would be far more interesting making odd pokemon work then ones we alrdy know do

Uhhhh to add on i think mebbe a vid or 2 on gym teams how they are made wt to consider etc....mebbe take some gym teams and use them as examples and examine them :p if the issue is finding gym leaders willing to share teams ill throw my 2 ( fire and ghost ) out there for that useage

Edit: make that 3 with electric if i can make matty find his sets
A look at gyms would definitely be interesting aha, it's just whether we can fit the videos in and who actually wants to give away teams :p

Y not throw in some tourny, gym, and team battle videos too? Something to entice the viewers into joining PP, as well as give them an idea of what we do here for fun.
So long as people remember to save ther videos lol.
I think putting quarters and semis of tournaments would be a good idea, its more battling content (big subscriber pull) and I know personally, I prefer watching the journey of a tournament compared to just the final battle.
The only issue I have with uploading semis and quarters is how much time it takes out of the person who is recording the matches :\

POKEMMO and POKECRAFT?!
I had this planned back in April, but yeah, definitely something I want to do :D

Reactions: G

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Thanks to everyone for voting!

Code:
Showdown Laddering  
9 vote(s)    47.4%

Teambuilding w/ Friends  
6 vote(s)    31.6%

Tier Introduction Videos w/ Tier Leaders  
7 vote(s)    36.8%

News Videos (Site or General Pokemon News)  
7 vote(s)    36.8%

Pokemon ROM Playthroughs  
10 vote(s)    52.6%

Other  
7 vote(s)    36.8%

These are the results! Pokemon ROMs have won in a landslide so definitely expect a few of those coming soon! (at least, when I get the layout set up :p ). Also, don't think I'll be disregarding the other ideas - even teambuilding, falling last with 6 votes, also seems to be reasonably popular, but at least myself and @Yungfaux know how we should vary our content to suit you :]

Also, I'd like to talk about some of the ideas I've seen in the comments!

Sure! Definitely something I'll link in with the ROMs :p

@Dom I don't mind if you still want to do your series, but we'll probably have to make some sort of schedule when it comes to teambuilding videos so everything doesn't seem redundant like you said. Either way, I still think it's a good idea.

As for the part about PBL, weekly summaries are already something I have planned! Expect those coming out each week when I get my layout sorted :p

Second series would be pretty cool, the co-ordination with battle videos, etc would probably the difficult part though, as well as actually finding someone to do it. Either way, definitely a good idea :)

A look at gyms would definitely be interesting aha, it's just whether we can fit the videos in and who actually wants to give away teams :p

The only issue I have with uploading semis and quarters is how much time it takes out of the person who is recording the matches :\

I had this planned back in April, but yeah, definitely something I want to do :D
@Cheza and I are already working on setting up an Egglocke, so we got some ROM playing stuff covered. We need WAY more eggs to be donated, and to maximize our frame rates.

As for the PBL videos, I already talked to Dom about possibly getting some videos but he echoed worries about being able to actually get the codes and the videos saved. I suggested that if there is a chance to get a video we should go for it, and then Cheza could even put the video in a news post. Helps multiple groups of us at once.

I'm excited to see these team building videos, as i'm not the most experienced battler! In fact I hope they come ASAP. :)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Cheza and I are already working on setting up an Egglocke, so we got some ROM playing stuff covered. We need WAY more eggs to be donated, and to maximize our frame rates.

As for the PBL videos, I already talked to Dom about possibly getting some videos but he echoed worries about being able to actually get the codes and the videos saved. I suggested that if there is a chance to get a video we should go for it, and then Cheza could even put the video in a news post. Helps multiple groups of us at once.

I'm excited to see these team building videos, as i'm not the most experienced battler! In fact I hope they come ASAP. :)
As for nuzlocke/ROMs, PM me after - I have a few things planned ;)

As for the video, this is definitely something I intend to do. It would only be a short update video, so I'd probably have one match playing in the background as I read through results and trades of that week. Dw I've got this one covered :p

testing