• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Salamence Lvl 10 Early Game?

Ameris

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey Guys,

It's my first thread so please bear with me. I heard you can get a lvl 10 Salamence early game from a Bagon using SOS? I caught a Bagon, after several hours, but didn't see it call a Salamence for help. Anyone go through this?

Please let me know!

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
What you're wanting to do is called "Chaining", and there are some specific things you can do to make it easier for yourself.
First: Pokemon will start calling for help after you've completed your first trial (your first totem battle). Since you're hunting Bagon/Salamence, I assume you've already done this. IIRC you can't access Route 3 until you do. So maybe a moot point.

Second: A pokemon is more likely to call for help to lower it's HP is. Generally, low power, high PP moves are ideal for getting them into the bottom 10% of their health. If you have a tankier pokemon (like the MG Munchlax/Snorlax), even better. Best possible setup: Tanky Mon, Rest, False Swipe, 2 Buff/Debuff moves (Growl, Tailwhip, Baby Doll Eyes, Swords Dance, Amnesia, etc).

Third: Any wild pokemon can SOS. Even if it was called via SOS itself. This is the important part of chaining.

The Process: Get your initial encountered pokemon as low as possible, and let it call for help. If the SOS is not the mon you wanted, kill the first one, and get the SOS pokemon as low as possible. Rinse and repeat until they call the pokemon you want.

It's time consuming. And to make matters moreso, Bagon is a 1% encounter on Route 3. There is another area you can get to via Lapras with a higher Bagon rate, but these Bagons will NOT SOS a Salamence.

HTH!

Ameris

Youngster Joey
Credits
What you're wanting to do is called "Chaining", and there are some specific things you can do to make it easier for yourself.
First: Pokemon will start calling for help after you've completed your first trial (your first totem battle). Since you're hunting Bagon/Salamence, I assume you've already done this. IIRC you can't access Route 3 until you do. So maybe a moot point.

Second: A pokemon is more likely to call for help to lower it's HP is. Generally, low power, high PP moves are ideal for getting them into the bottom 10% of their health. If you have a tankier pokemon (like the MG Munchlax/Snorlax), even better. Best possible setup: Tanky Mon, Rest, False Swipe, 2 Buff/Debuff moves (Growl, Tailwhip, Baby Doll Eyes, Swords Dance, Amnesia, etc).

Third: Any wild pokemon can SOS. Even if it was called via SOS itself. This is the important part of chaining.

The Process: Get your initial encountered pokemon as low as possible, and let it call for help. If the SOS is not the mon you wanted, kill the first one, and get the SOS pokemon as low as possible. Rinse and repeat until they call the pokemon you want.

It's time consuming. And to make matters moreso, Bagon is a 1% encounter on Route 3. There is another area you can get to via Lapras with a higher Bagon rate, but these Bagons will NOT SOS a Salamence.

HTH!
Thanks for the info. I caught a Bagon but sadly, no Salamence.