• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Showdown Day

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I was thinking it'd be cool to flood the official showdown server with a bunch of users!

If we get tons of users on at once we move up the server list and more people would see it, in return more people would click it and more people would check out the site (ideally).

We would host a few tournaments maybe light silly ones such as randbats or a monthly playlist or something like that.

I'd also like to host a few big giveaways to draw people in and keep them there, we can have a contest or some games, it'd be pretty fun and a nice way to recruit IMO

Thoughts?

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
"We would host a few tournaments maybe light silly ones such as randbats or a monthly playlist or something like that."
wouldnt this be better to do on our server...at least this part

* waits for 192 to complain *

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
We'd just need a good day for the majority of users who'd like to show up and help out, we can have different things in different rooms and such

Jordi

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Credits
Sounds awesome! I will also do some big giveaways when this starts! ;D

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
"We would host a few tournaments maybe light silly ones such as randbats or a monthly playlist or something like that."
wouldnt this be better to do on our server...at least this part

* waits for 192 to complain *

The whole thing is on the server, the tourneys as well just the giveaways would obviously be wifi mons

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
it'll be great if this goes through and its logical more users online at once means higher on the PS server list a high number of people attracts more people and those people could be interested in PP am in ill also do a couple of giveaways my thumbs up :Thumbsup:

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
" official showdown server"

xD this can mean 2 things either u consider our server official or the main showdown server official

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
This seems as an awesome idea. But Imo If we are going to have a bunch of members on then it should always be like that.

@Matt_192 @CannuJul What are your thoughts guys?

Yeah of course i'd like the server to always be populated but that's a different story lol

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
This seems as an awesome idea. But Imo If we are going to have a bunch of members on then it should always be like that.

@Matt_192 @CannuJul What are your thoughts guys?
1. i dun think they specifically need be addressed dom and i or any other mod can handle tourneys ( prob meh thou cause i knows stuff)

2. i wish more users were on it erryday :p

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
1. i dun think they specifically need be addressed dom and i or any other mod can handle tourneys ( prob meh thou cause i knows stuff)

2. i wish more users were on it erryday :p

Cannu definitely needs to know just in case since it runs off his computer xD

I'm sure 192 would like to be there too lol

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Cannu definitely needs to know just in case since it runs off his computer xD

I'm sure 192 would like to be there too lol

I'm just thinking timezones xD by the time or for the length of the entire thing i doubt both or even one would be available the entire time thats all i meant

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Oh thanks Straw lol, almost missed this.

Yeah, I'm totally down for this. Someone needs to remind me to re-enable mods to start tournies cause I turned it off yesterday (don't ask why lol). I'll probably set up some other rooms just for the day as well so that we can get as many tournies going at once.

As well as randbats and the standard tiers, how do you feel about doing some silly OM and past gen stuff? Just throwing out ideas. Another option would be to have one of those Metronome Tournaments lol - either way, I can try and compose a schedule of tournaments. (tl;dr I'm making 7000 tournaments)

Instead of a day, I'd also like this to be more of a weekend thing, just so all timezones have a chance to participate - thoughts?

As for giveaways, I might try and make some sort of command that does this, I'll try it out.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Oh thanks Straw lol, almost missed this.

Yeah, I'm totally down for this. Someone needs to remind me to re-enable mods to start tournies cause I turned it off yesterday (don't ask why lol). I'll probably set up some other rooms just for the day as well so that we can get as many tournies going at once.

As well as randbats and the standard tiers, how do you feel about doing some silly OM and past gen stuff? Just throwing out ideas. Another option would be to have one of those Metronome Tournaments lol - either way, I can try and compose a schedule of tournaments. (tl;dr I'm making 7000 tournaments)

Instead of a day, I'd also like this to be more of a weekend thing, just so all timezones have a chance to participate - thoughts?

As for giveaways, I might try and make some sort of command that does this, I'll try it out.

I like the idea of a whole weekend, that'd be pretty sweet, anyone who wants to participate can be added to a convo and we can discuss who wants to do what, etc basically

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Ok so i get that this is mostly a mod thing right now but if I can help in any way let me know.

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
You aren't the only non-mod here. :p If nothing else, helping with giveaways and participating in the festivities would be huge.
xD without participates could u even call it an event let's be honest joining in is the most important thing

testing