• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Smogon to Suspect Test Mawilite

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
First off: SMOGON Y U BAN ALL MY FAVORITES???

Secondly: Discuss what you think about this. All personal opinions aside , I believe Mega Mawile is not a threat to the OU tier and does not deserve to be banned. It has so many checks and counters in the tier that it is fine where it stands.

Thoughts?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Secondly: Discuss what you think about this. All personal opinions aside , I believe Mega Mawile is not a threat to the OU tier and does not deserve to be banned. It has so many checks and counters in the tier that it is fine where it stands.

Thoughts?

Smogon makes bad decisions idc what they do since it's irrelevant here, they're getting out of hand

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Smogon makes bad decisions idc what they do since it's irrelevant here, they're getting out of hand
Smogon went downhill the moment they started banning Pokemon that rewarded good players (see Aegislash) At this rate I may just stay casual until they get their shit together.
NOT A THREAT? Mega Mawile NOT A THREAT? WHO ARE YOU? WHERE DO YOU BATTLE? WHY DO YOU SAY THESE THINGS? Mega Mawile IS LOVE Mega Mawile IS POWER

But yeah no I don't think it should be banned.
It is a huge threat though
Gold, Mega Mawile is my favorite Mega by far. She's a huge threat, but not banworthy by the same regards as MegaMom and... *shudders* Mega Gengar...

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I'm done with smogon. This is why I play PerfectPokemon rules.

The mega game was fine with aegislash, and is fine with mega mawile. If it gets banned I'm still using it just like I'll continue using aegislash.

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I'm done with smogon. This is why I play PerfectPokemon rules.

The mega game was fine with aegislash, and is fine with mega mawile. If it gets banned I'm still using it just like I'll continue using aegislash.
I like your attitude to this Cheza :D does PP have it's own set of rules for battling? I haven't been on here for a couple of months and just started back on here recently :p

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
It's slow speed and weakness to two of the most common attacks (fire and ground) make it an OU 'mon, but not ubers by any means.

I like your attitude to this Cheza :D does PP have it's own set of rules for battling? I haven't been on here for a couple of months and just started back on here recently :p

Yeah it's almost the same as Smogon's ubers ban, but they stopped with Gengarite (so Mega Lucario is allowed)

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
It's slow speed and weakness to two of the most common attacks (fire and ground) make it an OU 'mon, but not ubers by any means.

Yeah it's almost the same as Smogon's ubers ban, but they stopped with Gengarite (so Mega Lucario is allowed)
That's good. That's damn good. Lucario was good but he really didn't need a ban.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits

Thoughts?

Sounds like people need to stop complaining and ladder.

Meruem

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
They should rename Smogon to Karen.

You know because they only want their favorites to be useable in OU.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

It has an Ubers tier here, Ubers List.
A community poll way taken to decide what Pokemon belong there. The site uses a few rules from smogon such as sleep clause, item clause, dupes clause
and I think a few others. One hit KO moves are also a no no. :)

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Mega-Lucario, Aegislash, Mega-Mawile.. all my favourite steels types are being taken away.
What next, Klefki? - gg Smogon

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Mega-Lucario, Aegislash, Mega-Mawile.. all my favourite steels types are being taken away.
What next, Klefki? - gg Smogon

lmao actually I think they had a test for klefki and ended up banning swagger + foul play?

Welcome to the Site btw!

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
lmao actually I think they had a test for klefki and ended up banning swagger + foul play?

Welcome to the Site btw!

Thanks, and yeah your right they DID target Klefki - all i need is Mega Aggron to be banned and that'll prove that Smogon's anti-steel type lol XD

upload_2014-8-6_23-37-47.jpeg

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Ah shit you beat me to making the thread :p

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Smogon is a joke guys! they are banning everything when in fact any pokemon that has to be banned was ALREADY banned from the game itself, gamefreak nintendo or whatever!!! any further ban lists is just stupid! even mega kangaskan is fragile with a will o wisp on it! the best way to play the game is how the designers are telling you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing