• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Someone New~

The Bloody Scribe

Youngster Joey
Credits
Greetings, greetings, I'd like to begin with a bit about myself, hopefully it'll be at least entertaining for anyone who stumbles across this thread.

To start, I found this site in my desperate search for a 6iv ditto. I completed the game four days after launch (*shameshameshame*) and I found I wanted to jump right into the competitive scene. I'm well aware of what I want and how to get it. The only thing I'm missing is a genned ditto, of course. The funny thing is, I come here to ask for a gen when I used to be a genner myself. On my ORAS PokeBank and game, I have about 130+ fully customized gens.

Well, what happened? System transfer. Long story short, one of my systems had some trouble, and in my sharp misfortune, my RxTool 2DS died on me. The attempt to repair it and transfer my data led to an update and well. Goodbye PKHex. Even more to my dismay, Nintendo desperately pulled any systems from stores that didn't already come with the latest firmware involved around the same time that happened. Simply put, I was stripped of the power I once had. However, this does not necessarily bother me. Most of my gens were breedables.

In order to feel better about my Pokes, to truly appreciate the work, I would breed out the gens just to refine their "legal" status. I've only bred one box of those breedables, but I freaking adore them. Real pride there. But that's the past, and now we are presented with the new 7th gen. And due to this, I have come to this site to hopefully fulfill my new competitive team, and perhaps even make a few friends. For now I'm stuck off genning, but I was considering dropping genning for 7th gen anyways. Not that I have a choice now, haha.

However, I am looking into hardmodding, perhaps, and if I do I definitely know where to plant myself. I used to do giveaways and I miss that sense of giving I was once capable of doing for ORAS. Maybe I can continue that here....whooo knowsss.

So~! I've read up a bit throughout the community, and I'm quite pleased to see the friendliness and welcoming air this online site is full of. Hopefully I'll be able to interact more, even make some friends. I hope it'll lead that way.

Thanks for reading~!

truedoc

The Silence
Team Elite
Trusted Seller
Donor
Smaug
Credits
welcome to the site! sorry 2 hear about your genning :(

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Dude, I feel you on the system transfer. I just got a New 3DS last weekend, and getting everything over was hell. Not looking to repeat that process anytime soon.

But more importantly, welcome to the site! I'm glad we look so welcoming! This is a pretty chill place. I think this is a calm before the storm period for us. The VGC tension is palpable~
This is my favorite time.

And hey, if you have any questions or need anything, just ask!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Oh no! I recently switched from RxTool to Luma to use Sun and Moon save editing... the process is as simple as adding a file to your root and switching the boot... :(

I find it weird that a system transfer would result in an update? I've only done a system transfer twice, but now that I think about it I'm confused at what I actually did... The plasma in the top screen of my 3DS broke from the cold Canadian temperatures, and I had to transfer everything from my broken system to my brothers 3DS (on 9.4 firmware). It was tricky because I couldn't see anything I was doing on the top screen of my broken system. And when I got a new 3dS I did a system transfer on that, and had to set up my brothers 3dS again since everything was deleted on his system and transferred onto the new system. His firmware was still 9.4 though after setting it up again, because I now use his system for genning, and had to downgrade from 9.4 to 9.2? I used browserhax on 9.4 for the longest time before modding.

I'm sure there will be another method in the future that will allow you to get Homebrew access again and downgrade your system firmware. Welcome to the site! And if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me anytime. :D

testing