• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Suggestion: Merchant/Business Permit/License Whatever

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Wouldn't it be something that if to conduct business for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely (for that matter) on this website - merchants would have to pay a PC fee to conduct business here on Perfect Pokemon. In other words, in order to host a thread that offers Pokemon related services, merchants would have to pay some PC to get permission to post?

I think it might be worthwhile to cut out and bar a lot of people from having the ability to conduct business and reduce the saturation of Poke-related services by adding an arbitrary rule.

I'm curious about what others think about this idea. The idea just struck me and I want to share it. I won't elaborate on it, or attempt to explain it. You do that.

Have fun if you're interested with the concept.

T_and_A

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
Why would you want fewer people offering services?

Faith Hunter

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I guess the idea is to drive prices up and to increase value on Pokemon. I guess in an effort to possibly encourage more trading? Anyways, this idea would only benefit established sellers who have the PC to "pay" for fees, and increase their bottom line.

It may or may not work. Unsure how this would really be beneficial to buyers. I can see the benefits for established sellers, but what about new sellers?

T_and_A

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
That's what I mean. It would only benefit established sellers. It would hurt new sellers. It would hurt potential sellers. It would hurt buyers. It would probably hurt site traffic and, therefor, the admins.
Seems like there's only one type of person who would endorse this idea.

testing