• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Suggestions for the Gym Leader system

Lukos Creyden

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hi everyone,
I'm rather new to the website and have been greatly enjoying myself, so thank you everyone for that.
My current issue is with the Gym Leader challenge system, It's a great idea but in my opinion, quite difficult to
take part in. I know I'm not alone in saying that it is very difficult to catch a gym leader when they are available for a challenge. This is mostly because, say, the Rock gym leader can't be available at all times to accept challenges and for people like me who live in a different time zone ( I'm from England). I've had no luck in fitting into peoples schedules. I therefore ask if it'd be worth either; having less gyms that are ran by leaders who are known for being online for longer periods, or having multiple leaders from different time zones per gym.

Please let me know what you guys think about this.
Thanks for reading!

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
What I think we need is 8 active gym leaders and 4 elite4 battlers.

- Earn 8 badges

- Beat elite 4

- Face the champion

Simple yet effective fun system.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
What I think we need is 8 active gym leaders and 4 elite4 battlers.

- Earn 8 badges

- Beat elite 4

- Face the champion

Simple yet effective fun system.

Pretty sure that's exactly what I said o_O

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Lukos Creyden

Youngster Joey
Credits
Pretty sure that's exactly what I said o_O
It's a good idea, but i still think we could do with gym leaders from multiple time zones, or leaders who are usually online and willing to accept challenges for long periods of time

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
It's a good idea, but i still think we could do with gym leaders from multiple time zones, or leaders who are usually online and willing to accept challenges for long periods of time

A good majority of our members are from very similar time zones and we already have a lack of active gym leaders which is the issue.

Suggesting we have multiple leaders from different time zones is very hard to do unless you can personally find them, I think less active members is a better alternative

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
instead of just hoping for the best and waiting for people to get online.
or adding more people to the same gym with different time zones.
maybe setting up a "date" for your battle could be a great solution? (this goes for everyone).

gym leaders are volunteers, and it's hard to find people who will be on all the time to take challenges. even if they are online a lot of people come on during their work time on mobile.
it's been an issue to keep all the gyms working as they go inactive a lot.

i personally don't think adding more people to keep track of would be a good idea.

i had suggested this idea a while back to someone but they may have forgot so i'll suggest it here again. since we don't have very many active gyms i thought adding an elite four would be a good idea. these people would be some of the best on the site, past champion winners etc with 8 badges or more.

this would give the option to A defeat all 16 gyms, or B defeat 8 gyms and all four elite four members. elite four members would not have mono teams and would be similar to the champion where they have a custom team. this way they can't be countered and people would have to know what they where doing in order to pass the "short way". elite members don't get an uber.

people challenging an elite four member for their position would have to have 8 or more badges and defeat that person 2/3 times.

i was thinking elite four members could have their own colour ribbon instead of a badge. :)

however something like this probably won't happen for a while yet as lots of new site stuff is happening atm, like the pokedex. maybe one day though ;)

MaliciousMango

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I have an idea! When someone beats all the gyms and gets all the badges there isn't much left to do right? Why not have casual gyms that you can battle at after you take on the league? For example we could have a triple battle gym, a VGC gym (would love to have to have/lead this), a little cup gym, a grab bag gym, and an inverse battle gym (showdown only). These would be far more casual and would focus on broadening diversifying the battling community's skills and interests. I'm very much interested in the whole gym system and earning badges and would love if something like this could be implemented.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I have an idea! When someone beats all the gyms and gets all the badges there isn't much left to do right? Why not have casual gyms that you can battle at after you take on the league? For example we could have a triple battle gym, a VGC gym (would love to have to have/lead this), a little cup gym, a grab bag gym, and an inverse battle gym (showdown only). These would be far more casual and would focus on broadening diversifying the battling community's skills and interests. I'm very much interested in the whole gym system and earning badges and would love if something like this could be implemented.

gym leaders have the option to offer different battle styles in their gyms if they want to.
but they must offer single battles as their main battle format. :)

i've been thinking about offering double battles once i have more time to figure out a team.
maybe you could ask the gym leader your challenging if they would be up for a "insert battle format here"? couldn't hurt and it would give both you and the gym leader a change and maybe a little more of a challenge. :p

MaliciousMango

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
gym leaders have the option to offer different battle styles in their gyms if they want to.
but they must offer single battles as their main battle format. :)

i've been thinking about offering double battles once i have more time to figure out a team.
maybe you could ask the gym leader your challenging if they would be up for a "insert battle format here"? couldn't hurt and it would give both you and the gym leader a change and maybe a little more of a challenge. :p

Oh I didn't know leaders/I had the option to do that. Thanks the for the info!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

yup yup no problem!

a think a few gyms still offer multi battles to have the two gym leader style :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Only one person has even beaten all the gyms I think post game is on the back burner

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Only one person has even beaten all the gyms I think post game is on the back burner

and that one person... is dom! :eek:
hello champion hehe :D bows*

testing