• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

SuMo box legend concept speculation

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
The box legends are always a good speculation point, and with them scheduled to be revealed in next month's Corocoro now seems like a goid time to speculate about potential concepts that could be followed.

For the box legend of Pokémon Moon, they may follow a route which follows a story in Japanese folklore about a rabbit which lives on the Moon, as one interpretation of the image created by the craters on the Moon's surface (similarly to the man in the Moon in English folklore) is to interpret it as a rabbit.
Rabbit_in_the_moon_standing_by_pot.png
Alternatively, there could be a concept based on the planet θiːə (Theia) which is thought to have crashed into the early Earth, and the impact is thought to have resulted in debris being flung into orbit with Earth and forming our Moon. It is likely to be Fairy-type (my guess would be either pure Fairy, Rock/Fairy or Normal/Fairy) and have access to both Moonblast and a moon-based signature move.

As for Pokémon Sun, there are a number of different possibilities, although its harder to pinpoint precisely what direction its likely be taken in. One potential derection would be for it to be based off of Amaterasu--the goddess of the sun and a major deity in Shinto religion. There could also be a Pokémon based on the concept of stars, or there could even be a Pokémon based on supernovas. A light Pokémon is also an option. There are lots of different directions that it could be taken. I'd say it could also be a phoenix, but it is unlikely considering that Ho-Oh is already based on a phoenix and has a name which literally means "phoenix" (Ho-Oh and ホウオウ (hōō or houou) are alternative transcriptions of 鳳凰, which is the kanji for phoenix (it specifically refers to the chinese phoenix, fènghuáng--pictured below)).
hqdefault.jpg
118j30j.jpg
It is likely to be Fire-type and have a signature move based on the concept of either light, heat or the sun (Sunblast anyone?). It is also likely to have access to Solar Beam.

If you have any ideas for potential legend concepts, go ahead and post them. I'm sure there are lots of possibilities that I have missed :)

Edit: also TyranitarTube has done a theory video on Zygarde's relationship with the the SuMo duo and the XY duo. He actually changes his thoughts about it about half way through so take the title with a pinch of salt. Check it out if you haven't already:

Last edited:

testing