• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Sylveon's Stalling Storm

chatot

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey guys, this is my first 6th Gen RMT. I got the idea for this team a few weeks ago when I was looking at Sylveon's moveset and I had an idea for a moveset which then evolved into an entire team. It revolves around burning as many physical attackers as I can, and then tanking everything with Sylveon as I boost with Calm Mind and then sweep with Draining Kiss and Psyshock.

~~~~~~
700.png
302.png
195.png
169.png
479-4.png
212.png

~~~~~
sylveon.gif

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock

Of course, the first Pokemon I had in mind was Sylveon.
Sylveon is meant to be used very late in the battle, where most of the opponent's Pokemon have been crippled and/or had their health vastly reduced. Preferably, all physical attackers will be burnt. Sylveon then uses Calm Mind to boost its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def while it shrugs off the opponent's moves (and maybe even infatuate them with Cute Charm which only makes Sylveon's job at stalling even easier). It can use Heal Bell if it gets Toxic'd. Draining Kiss hits more physically-defensive Pokemon; Psychock hits specially-defensive 'mons. Draining Kiss, along with Leftovers, lets Sylveon recover health which ensures it's going to survive long enough to wipe out the remaining Pokemon.

~~~~~
sableye.gif

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Night Shade

Now I need some Pokemon to actually spread burns to the opponent. Sableye does this well with priority Will-O-Wisp, and can do a lot of other nifty things too like restoring its health with priority Recover, Taunting opponents before they can do the same to him, and dealing damage with Night Shade. Of course, Sableye is rather frail on the physical side, so I gave him a Focus Sash. I'm not too sure on the item though, maybe something like Leftovers could be better? I'm not sure.

~~~~~

quagsire.gif

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Is the opponent still able to pack a punch by boosting its stats with Swords Dance, for example, and so can deal massive damage even when burnt? Quagsire is useful here as the Unaware ability ignores all stat boosts but still takes the burn Attack cut into account. Quagsire is also useful for dealing with physical Fire types that can't be burnt, with Scald and Earthquake which hit Fire-types for super-effective damage. I wasn't sure what to put in the last slot but Toxic seems good enough to me - it lets Quagsire cripple Fire-types, I guess.

~~~~~~

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Rotom can also burn opponents with Will-O-Wisp, and while it doesn't have the useful priority Sableye has, it is still really fast with the Choice Scarf (although being locked into Will-O-Wisp sorta sucks). The rest is your typical Rotom-W set, Volt Switch for momentum, Hydro Pump to deal massive damage, and Trick to give a Pokemon a Choice Scarf that it doesn't want.

~~~~~
crobat.gif

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Crobat is the stallbreaker which can be useful for wearing down bulky Pokemon which might be a problem for Sylveon if it doesn't manage to get enough boosts in time. Super Fang cuts the opponent's HP in half and even works through Substitutes now with Infiltrator, which is useful for dealing with opposing stall Pokemon. U-turn deals damage and lets me switch to something else once Crobat has done his job. Defog gets rid of hazards, and Roost alongside its Black Sludge helps keep him alive.

I'm thinking about replacing U-turn with something else? I'm not too sure what though. I just don't think he needs U-turn. Eh, I dunno.​

~~~~~
scizor.gif

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Mega Lucario was supposed to be in this spot but unfortunately he got banned recently, so I had to replace it with something else. Mega Scizor is a bit of an after-thought as I needed something that could hit hard, quickly, and the first thing that came to mind once Mega Lucario got banned was Mega Scizor, with Technician, Swords Dance, and priority moves. He can help muscle through some threats to Sylveon if they can't be worn down by anything else.

I'm not too sure if he fits too well on my team, maybe there's something better I could use.
~~~~~
Thanks for reading! Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I would get red of the sash on the sableye, give it leftovers instead, and I hope you know that most good players aren't gonna leave a physical attacker in with a wisper

chatot

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would get red of the sash on the sableye, give it leftovers instead, and I hope you know that most good players aren't gonna leave a physical attacker in with a wisper
With three Pokemon that could potentially inflict a burn, there are going to be a lot of times where they don't have a choice to do anything about it.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
With three Pokemon that could potentially inflict a burn, there are going to be a lot of times where they don't have a choice to do anything about it.
I know, but by your description it seems your team relies on the burn. I just don't think that is the best strategy, that's all.