• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The International Pokémon League (IPL) Season 2

Sahil

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hello, all.

I am Sahil, head coach of the Milwaukee Mewers in the International Pokémon League. The IPL is a competitive sports themed pokemon battling league (very similar to the UCL or GBA) that was formed in August 2015 by myself and has ran a season long. If you're not familiar with this type of league, the main premise is drafting a team and battling weekly with 6 of the pokémon that you drafted. If this is confusing then look up the GBA or UCL on youtube. Season 1 featured 10 teams split up into two conferences. 8 participants lived in the U.S, 1 lived in Canada, and 1 lived in the UK. 3 teams made the playoffs from each conference, which made the regular season very exciting, and every battle matter. In the end Jared and the OSU fighting Seedots from the Kalos conference ended up winning the championship game against Kyle and the Toronto Torterras. More data about season 1 can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajtgL1QWCiw-uB74Pm8nUWEX9qacZhfl1qgOTJgf1ew/edit

The reason I'm posting this thread is that we're looking to expand the league for season 2. Season 2 will be starting in February, but we will be drafting either January 23rd weekend or January 30th weekend. We're looking for participants who want to be a part of the league. You need to be reliable and cooperate every week with battling. Each team will battle once a week on pokémon showdown, and the team building is up to you, but I recommend spending at least half an hour a week. I'll create a season 2 slideshow once we figure out who is joining. Right now we have 9 teams ready to compete. If you're interested contact me here

League youtube channel: (we haven't posted the season 1 final yet) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMy4vjnIV_Pa09F41a34Lg/videos

Last edited:

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
So many people putting their phone numbers and their e-mail onto threads these days this is the public so anyone can see it including non members and bots its never a good idea.
Besides replying to you on here is the easiest method if your going to use the site to promote the event.
Anyways gl with the league and hf guys

Sahil

Youngster Joey
Credits
yeah good point. Once they join the league though, I think it's okay to have their phone number. In season 1 I met people via showdown and exchanged numbers and had no problem. You're right though initial means of communication don't need to be through the phone, so there's no point of posting it

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
yeah good point. Once they join the league though, I think it's okay to have their phone number. In season 1 I met people via showdown and exchanged numbers and had no problem. You're right though initial means of communication don't need to be through the phone, so there's no point of posting it
Its not just potential league members that can see it though, literally anyone can its alright in private but posting it in the public isn't a good idea the world isn't only filled with good people, information like that can be used against you in so many possible ways. I saw so many cases like this so it frustrates me, am just going to suggest you edit it out as theres no reason for it to be on there.

testing