• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The Perfect Pokemon Podcast: Can we make this happen?

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
Ever since I've joined this community, I've been thinking of a way to help us grow even bigger and stronger. I think I have found a way to help.

With the surprising lack of Podcasts on Competitive Pokemon, I believe we can be the pioneers of such a Podcast. I propose we start a weekly or bi-weekly podcast in where we talk about the Competitive Pokemon Metagame, news in the Pokemon World, our Website & YouTube, and for the most part, be ourselves.

The most difficult part of this project will be content, One of the reasons this is difficult is due to the fact that we get a new Pokemon game every year, so we must talk about the same Pokemon for a year. I do think we can make it work if we try.

With the ever-growing popularity of this format, I truly believe it will help us bring in more members and become an even bigger community. So, can we make this work?

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Sounds like a great idea to bring more media to the site, community, and to potential newbies. A group could be set up on the site and every two weeks they put together an itinerary of things to talk about for like what, an hour, a half hour? Then 2 or 3 people could make a skype call and one of them records. They talk about whats on their itinerary and then some. Once they cover everything they finish up and it gets edited a little. Badaboom badabing! I may not be a very big or active member but i'm on board for something like this!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Ever since I've joined this community, I've been thinking of a way to help us grow even bigger and stronger. I think I have found a way to help.

With the surprising lack of Podcasts on Competitive Pokemon, I believe we can be the pioneers of such a Podcast. I propose we start a weekly or bi-weekly podcast in where we talk about the Competitive Pokemon Metagame, news in the Pokemon World, our Website & YouTube, and for the most part, be ourselves.

The most difficult part of this project will be content, One of the reasons this is difficult is due to the fact that we get a new Pokemon game every year, so we must talk about the same Pokemon for a year. I do think we can make it work if we try.

With the ever-growing popularity of this format, I truly believe it will help us bring in more members and become an even bigger community. So, can we make this work?

The idea has been discussed before believe it or not and with the rise in our YouTube content and an consistently growing user base this seems like a good idea. I was an advocate for the idea at the time, I had actually just been looking into it about a week ago tbh. I think filler will be easy when there isn't news and we can discuss certain topics making outlines for the following podcasts.

There would most likely be a host or two who are regulars to the podcast and help steer it in the right direction and the other few members would rotate depending on who is free, who is knowledgeable on that week's topics, who wants to do it, etc.

Although it seems fairly easy, many of us are busy with school/work and I would love to help but the most difficult part IMO would be finding someone dedicated enough to make sure that it would come out on a consistent basis.

It would probably be cool to have people laddering or battling in the background while other users talk and maybe even test out some stuff relevant to the discussion such as building a time then using the team made around a new mega or something.

I really like the idea and I think it has a lot of potential with the great community here, I think it's worth looking into, my recommendation for launching the project would be to make a small signup group for people who are interested in volunteering to gauge participation and to make sure we have enough users to put on a scheduled podcast, once that's done it just takes a bit of set up and that's all reall

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
This sounds like an amazing idea to me! How would you be sending out the podcasts though? Would it be a download from the site?

I am also readily available to help with hosting or do interviews from time to time. I presume these would be around 1 or 2 hours? As for content, I feel we have everything covered, at least for the first few months - after a while, we may start lacking a bit, but that's a problem we'll deal with when we come to it.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
This sounds like an amazing idea to me! How would you be sending out the podcasts though? Would it be a download from the site?

I am also readily available to help with hosting or do interviews from time to time. I presume these would be around 1 or 2 hours? As for content, I feel we have everything covered, at least for the first few months - after a while, we may start lacking a bit, but that's a problem we'll deal with when we come to it.

Wouldn't you just put them on our YT?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Wouldn't you just put them on our YT?
Yeah, sorry, at this point I was still under the impression that this was an audio podcast, not a video podcast - mb.

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Yeah, sorry, at this point I was still under the impression that this was an audio podcast, not a video podcast - mb.
You could still put an audio podcast on YouTube, add some logos and the names of the hosts to a video, add the audio, and then upload it to the tube. I think it could work out that way. But also a video podcast could be interesting if people wanted to do that lol

testing