• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Unofficial PP Summer League

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Hey guys, recently I've seen a decline in the hype surrounding the competitive scene here on PP and I wanted to kind of reinvigorate the members here with a little something different.

What is PP Summer League: It is a weekly league where you will be paired up with people around your skill level throughout the summer to duke it out. There will be prizes based on participation and eventually tie ins to new seasons and potentially even expansions into a more official format as popularity grows. As is, I plan to match people up with opponents with similar records first and that they haven't played against a lot during the season.

This season we will be playing OU only unless we get more than 10 participants. Weekly this thread will be updated and everyone involved will be notified however each match will be announced on the Monday of each week so it shouldn't be tough to find even if you don't get the notification.

Winning this season will net you a sun based team of my design or a custom title depending on the wants of the winner. Winners will be determined via a point system that will be fully explained in detail after a time, but it deals with records of opponents as well as overall record. If you are absent for a week, I will need to know in advance or the week will count for a loss, but this loss won't be valued as poorly as head to head losses and the opposite will happen if you get a win in this manner. Missing three weeks in a season will disqualify you and you will no longer be scheduled unless you sign up again at a later date. Any points you gain in the season will still be counted on the off chance you end up winning while missing those three weeks, but it is highly unlikely.

Points will help determine weekly matchups, but variation is still a goal of this system. If any two people happen to break from the pack, they will not continually be matched up week after week. Points from a previous season will help determine early matchups in any given season.

Schedule: First week: June 15th - June 21st
Final signup: July 26th
Final week: August 3rd - August 9th
Championships: August 10th

~ Rules ~
Your team can only contain Pokemon and Items from the OU Tier and below. Your team must also abide by the following clauses:

Baton Pass Clause (limit 1 user)
Endless Battle Clause (Any move that intentionally causes an Endless Battle is banned)Evasion Clause (You may not use any moves that solely boost the evasion stat)
Item Clause (You may not use more than one of the same item on your team)
Moody Clause (Any Pokemon on your team cannot have the ability Moody)
OHKO Clause (Any Pokemon on your team cannot have any One-Hit KO Moves)
Sleep Clause (You may only set one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at a time. If you have a Pokemon asleep and you use a self-inflicting move like Rest, this will not disqualify your opponent)
Species Clause (You may not have have more than one of the same Pokemon on your team)
6v6 Battles
http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/official-pokemon-oras-tier-list.7138/
http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/tournament-rules-guidelines.10604/

Anyway, signup down bellow and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Current Participants: @Miles8088, @tmbate @Sewage @implaser @n1cbroa @DRAG0NIT3 @Strawberries@Matt_192 @Arceusrsz

Update: Due to a lack of advertising, I'm pushing everything back a week. Plan accordingly.

Last edited:

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Unfortunately couldn't make it to the OU Tournament, but I'm definitely signing up for this.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Week one
@Miles8088 vs.@tmbate
@Sewage vs. @implaser
@n1cbroa vs. @DRAG0NIT3
@Strawberries vs. @Matt_192
@Arceusrsz vs. @Aj12729
This weeks round robin
@Ary vs. @Gold 2.0 vs. @notsoclutch

Matchups are based on signup order. Everyone will get a chance to be a part of the round robin at some point, so no need to cry foul. Please report all results to me.
This is where I wish I could use the Hoopa team :[

@Strawberries it's on ;) You free tomorrow/Wednesday after 12PM your time?

testing