• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[UNOFFICIAL] PPL Tournament 1 - Perfect Pokemon League!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Please keep in mind that this is an unofficial tournament.

Hello and welcome to the first Perfect Pokemon League Tournament! The concept revolves around you building a team with 3 other players and you will compete in a knock-out based tournament against opposing teams.

However, to promote cross-team relations, I will keep one rule when making your teams: you must include at least 1 other person from a separate site team. For example, I don't want 4 members of Draco or 4 members of Nova on the same team - competition like that belongs in the Team Wars and biweekly tournaments. :p

To form a team, make arrangements elsewhere then comment on the thread listing your entire team (link them using the @ symbol). Also, please decide on a team name.

The tournament will work as follows: In each round, one team will go up against another team. Out of the four players on each team, you must divide yourselves up: two people will play OU 6v6 Singles, one person will play UU 6v6 Singles and one person will play Doubles 4v4 (Flat Rules). In your team, you don't have to have set roles (e.g. I don't have to play Doubles in every match) - this is mainly to stop counter-teaming, so you can switch roles freely throughout the tournament.

The entry fee will be 50PC per player, and will be divided up as follows: 60% to 1st place and 40% to 2nd place.

In future league tournaments, I hope to expand to other tiers, especially lower tiers like NU, PU, NFE and LC. However, I've tried to keep it simple for this first tournament.

I hope we manage to get enough people for it, and I will leave signups open until 2/1/2015. At this point, you will have 2 weeks to get the matches complete. When you are posting wins/losses, please PM me them instead of clogging up this thread.

In the event that 2 people win their matches from each team, one player will be elected from both of the teams to play OU 6v6 Singles to decide who wins.

Good luck! :)

Challonge: Coming Soon

Teams
@Gold 2.0 @Matt_192 @Niqyue @notsoclutch - Team Bacon
@Dom @DRAG0NIT3 @Saya Kisaragi @SoIidSmok3 - Team Supreme
@AndromedaNexus @Chad22 @ericashes @Marigi174 - The Lorekeepers

Times
Monday 2/2 00:00 EST - Registration Closes
Monday 2/2 12:00 EST - Competition Starts
Tuesday 2/17 00:00 EST - Competiton Ends
Tuesday 2/17 12:00 EST - Winnings Given

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Quick update: if we do not have 4+ teams prior to the closing date, I will revert the battle system to Swiss play style: every team will play each other and the team with the most wins wins.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
It says competition tarts 2/2. I have built my team but have yet to get all the pokemon on a wifi and practice. Do I have to face my opponent day 1?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
It says competition tarts 2/2. I have built my team but have yet to get all the pokemon on a wifi and practice. Do I have to face my opponent day 1?
Matchups will be posted later today and you have two weeks for the competition. You don't have to battle your first opponent day 1, but ASAP please.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Matchups will be posted later today and you have two weeks for the competition. You don't have to battle your first opponent day 1, but ASAP please.
Thanks I'm just so busy. I will do it Tuesday for sure

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED.

We now have three teams: Team Bacon, The Lorekeepers and Team Supreme.

As we only have 3 teams, we will be playing Swiss rounds (every team plays each other, most points win). We have 15 days to complete the tournament, which works just fine. There are 3 team match ups (Bacon v Lore, Lore v Supreme and Bacon v Supreme), so each matchup has 5 days to be completed.

2/2/15 to 2/7/15 - Team Supreme vs The Lorekeepers
2/8/15 to 2/12/15 - Team Bacon vs Team Supreme
2/13/15 to 2/17/15 - Team Bacon vs The Lorekeepers

When going up against an opposing player (e.g. Team Supreme's Doubles player and The Lorekeeper's Doubles player), please record the score after the match. This means that if every team wins once, we can deal with tiebreaking.

Imma just tag you all to make it easier as well :p : @Matt_192 , @Gold 2.0 , @Niqyue and @notsoclutch from Team Bacon. @Dom , @Saya Kisaragi , @SoIidSmok3 and @DRAG0NIT3 from Team Supreme and @Marigi174 , @AndromedaNexus , @ericashes and @Chad22 from The Lorekeepers.

Last edited:

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Those non American date formats got me thrown off lol

Just read the second date first lol.

I need to know who the UU battler is from team supreme so we can battle tomorrow.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Just read the second date first lol.

I need to know who the UU battler is from team supreme so we can battle tomorrow.
I suggest making a convo with all of both teams so that you can communicate easier :]

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I suggest making a convo with all of both teams so that you can communicate easier :]

Convos are limited to 5 participants :/ I think were facing Dom's team ill just ask him

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing