• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Wicked Darmanitan

CosmikDiamondz

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Althought his might not be the best i still want others opinions on this beast that i've been using

Darmanitan
6iv
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Modest
Ability: Zen Mode
Item: Life Orb

Move Set 1

Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Sleep Talk
Rest

Move Set 2

Flare Blitz
Belly Drum
Sleep Talk
Rest

I personally like move set 2 because of that belly drum but how i use darmanitan is to attack for massive damage with flare blitz then once he transforms into his zen form make him use rest then sleeptalk healing then attacking over and over. This set worked well against my friends "stall" team....overalll i just want others opinions on my darmanitan....

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Zen Darmanitan is pretty bad really, plus that the whole set is outsped by a lot of Pokes. Zen is also primarily special attacking, but you have none. May I ask what tier this is for?

edit: You also have a Modest Nature with 252 Attack? Make it Naive or Hasty and put the 4 HP into Sp.Atk. This also lowers stealth rock damage.

CosmikDiamondz

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
uh...i don't know what tier this would be for and/or what tier i use it for...and also i do know zen mode sucks and thats why i'm trying to make a decent build for a zen mode darmanitan

i do know that when he transforms into zen mode he gets a good defense boost which allows him to use rest and heal almost always without being killed.

KevinDev

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
uh...i don't know what tier this would be for and/or what tier i use it for...and also i do know zen mode sucks and thats why i'm trying to make a decent build for a zen mode darmanitan

i do know that when he transforms into zen mode he gets a good defense boost which allows him to use rest and heal almost always without being killed.
Tried a tanky zen before?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I personally have a set running EVs in HP and Defenses for bulk, Belly Drum for attack and Leftovers for recovery

I use sub to get back down to zen mods if leftovers gets me back up after belly drum or just in general on good predictions. I use Fire Punch to do good damage without the recoil since HP is a delicate thing when using a zen mods Dtan. I use Zen headbutt to take advantage of the STAB bonus as well.

I really like this set but i wouldn't recommending even the best Zen Mode set in a serious battle if anything is on the line however i like your efforts to make it viable, keep it up :)

CosmikDiamondz

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I personally have a set running EVs in HP and Defenses for bulk, Belly Drum for attack and Leftovers for recovery

I use sub to get back down to zen mods if leftovers gets me back up after belly drum or just in general on good predictions. I use Fire Punch to do good damage without the recoil since HP is a delicate thing when using a zen mods Dtan. I use Zen headbutt to take advantage of the STAB bonus as well.

I really like this set but i wouldn't recommending even the best Zen Mode set in a serious battle if anything is on the line however i like your efforts to make it viable, keep it up :)
thx...i know compared to darmanitans other abilities zen mode sucks but seems how he was already ev trained when i got him and at level 100 (and iv 6 :D ) i decided to make do and try my best with him.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
If you're trying to make Zen Mode work, I suggest you run this:

Darmanitan @ Charcoal / Twisted Spoon
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

This utilises Substitute to safely get into Zen Mode range. The EV spread allows Darmanitan-Z to outpace 0 speed Chesnaught, and I have deliberately given it an even HP number so that SR+Substitute will send it to Zen Mode, and I have decided to give it Charcoal/Twisted Spoon over Life Orb as it only has 5 attacks after reaching Zen Mode if it is holding Life Orb, meaning that the lack of recoil from Charcoal/Twisted Spoon will let it last a little longer if it keeps its sub up. It has an easy time setting up the sub due to the number of switches Darmanitan naturally forces, so it shouldn't be too difficult getting to Zen Mode like this.

I suggest you only use it in non-serious UU matches though as Zen Darmanitan is unusable in OU due to base Darmanitan's middling speed (compared to other offensive pokemon in the tier) causing it to force less switches, but even then it is pretty unusable in UU anyway.

CosmikDiamondz

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
If you're trying to make Zen Mode work, I suggest you run this:

Darmanitan @ Charcoal / Twisted Spoon
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

This utilises Substitute to safely get into Zen Mode range. The EV spread allows Darmanitan-Z to outpace 0 speed Chesnaught, and I have deliberately given it an even HP number so that SR+Substitute will send it to Zen Mode, and I have decided to give it Charcoal/Twisted Spoon over Life Orb as it only has 5 attacks after reaching Zen Mode if it is holding Life Orb, meaning that the lack of recoil from Charcoal/Twisted Spoon will let it last a little longer if it keeps its sub up. It has an easy time setting up the sub due to the number of switches Darmanitan naturally forces, so it shouldn't be too difficult getting to Zen Mode like this.

I suggest you only use it in non-serious UU matches though as Zen Darmanitan is unusable in OU due to base Darmanitan's middling speed (compared to other offensive pokemon in the tier) causing it to force less switches, but even then it is pretty unusable in UU anyway.
Yeah i have seen this build before and i do not use my Darmanitan competitivley...i use it to piss my friends off you keep saying they have this op team :D. Your mentioned build does interest me and i hope i can breed my darmanitan and make this build too.

testing