• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Wifi Poke-Contests!

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
So I would like to suggest bringing wifi Pokemon contests to our site. I feel like they could be a big part of the fun here if we introduce them, as they are relatively simple. You don't even need perfect pokemon to be able to have a contest winner, you just need to build its combos and finishing moves, and you have a great competitor! I think a lot of the people who don't like battle tournaments, or even people who do like battle tournaments, will love this idea, and it will bring more people together and make us more active. We can also add a new ribbon later on just like the one we have for winning battle championships here, just so people can have a little bit more to show off.

As far the times we can hold the contests, we could either do before battle tournaments on Sunday so we have people here already, or we can do them on Saturday so we have two days of events. That way people can catch one contest or the other if they're busy on one of the days, or they can participate in both contests.

Anymore ideas people could add onto this, I would love to hear! Also anything else like thoughts on this posts, I would love to hear as well :).

Edit: If enough people are interested, I can also be in charge of unofficial tornuments for you guys until contests are official tornuments (if ever).

Last edited:

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Its a good idea in contests weak moves that are considered terrible in competitive play can actually be great for Contests I also like how mega evolution has a role in Pokemon contests

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
If enough people are interested, I can also be in charge of unofficial tornuments for you guys until contests are official tornuments (if ever).

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
when ur finals are done lets do some practice to see how we can work it :eek:?
Sure thing man. I'll be free starting tomorrow night on weeknights mostly. My weekends are going to be a bit hectic for the next two weeks cause of mothers day and an out of town excursion.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Sure thing man. I'll be free starting tomorrow night on weeknights mostly. My weekends are going to be a bit hectic for the next two weeks cause of mothers day and an out of town excursion.

I already got my cute pokemon made, so try getting one ready for that comeptition

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Oi. I haven't worked on contests much in game but I'll see what I can do. If nothing else I'll just dress up my Pikachu and YOLO it.

my ariados is awesome in contest :eek:

testing